+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    absolutely ridiculous and clueless statement.

lewan would have been the top rated tackle had he came out last yr's draft according to all the sources I've checked. he's a better OT than Fisher and he went 1 to KC...how is he not worth a top 20 pick if he didnt have off field issues? absolutely comical statement. he's borderline worth a top 10 pick even with the off field issues.

i'd be all for him if i felt we should get an OT rd 1. we dont. we either need a true #1 WR, a starting TE, or help on the DL before we take an OT in RD 1 solely bc we have 3 OT's on the roster as is that could play (Beatty, Pugh, C.Brown). Id rather get interior OL help in rds 2-6
    +1000 previous comment was utter nonsense.

That said when you have a chance to draft a top Tackle you do it. When your starting LT is an underachieving physically weak(for a lineman) coming off a broken leg and you have a top 10 talent especially at the T position staring at you I think you have to take him. Getting the OL fixed will take 2 years but having your bookend T goes a long way. Picking lineman that early is not the sexy pick as a lot of analyst will say but where would the OL be without Pugh? Last year most where really pissed when they took him. This line needs to get younger and better talent is needed upfront. Trust me you don't want CBrown starting to many games.
    He's a journey man nothing more. Jerry has the tools but has never put it together either.What's bad is that a lot of people think we have addressed the OL with the signings. Signing journey men does not upgrade your line. It can help for a game or two but not over the long haul. If your going to pick positions to be great at the OL and DL are the areas you want and QB of course. Other areas you can be good and compete very well at. It all starts upfront.

Just because Lewan had 1 good game vs Clowney does not mean the Giants absolutely need to have Lewan at 12. Maybe some people think that the legal issues he is having are "minor" or "not a big deal". But personally rape is no minor issue, even if he just said to the girl that he would rape her.

I guess it all depends on what Reese and the front office think. I know a lot of people like him because he has a bit of a mean streak in him. But if he lets that mean streak control him instead of him controlling it, we as fans may see a lot of flags, fines and possible suspensions.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Like almost every other year we're going to take a player no one expects/ no one expects to be there.

I don't see why it has to be an OL. Evans, Ebron on the O side or Donald, Barr on the D. We have a ton of catches and Sacks that left this team last year.

I guess there are 2 keys in terms of Lewan.

- does he fall to #12 (not so sure about that)
    - does Reese still believe in Beatty &/or does Reese believe the OL still needs another jolt of young talent

I for one am NOT against drafting Lewan and shuffling the O-Line --- I have no problem moving Pugh inside if Giants feel Beatty can move to RT and Lewan hold down LT.

Still have no idea which way we'll go -- can still talk myself into OL/TE/DT/WR/DE at any given moment -- LOL.

Lewan may have gone ahead of Lane Johnson last year, but definitely not before Joeckel or Fisher. Also shows how lacking last year's draft class was compared to this year's.

Lewans only red flag are his character concerns. His play is top 10 even in this class. If he is our pick, I am fine as long as we did the background check and everything comes back clean.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Lewans only red flag are his character concerns. His play is top 10 even in this class. If he is our pick, I am fine as long as we did the background check and everything comes back clean.
    No. It's not. It's not top 20 talent. He isn't physical at all. He reminds me of Jonathan Martin coming out with a little more athleticism.

The idea that he is some sure fire top LT is absolutely delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Lewan may have gone ahead of Lane Johnson last year, but definitely not before Joeckel or Fisher. Also shows how lacking last year's draft class was compared to this year's.
    Agree with this...I also think Pugh would have gone before him also had it not been for certain intangibles.
    Matthews I think is rated higher than Joeckel Lewan is not far behind Matthews. Man would Matthews look good in blue thou.
    Last edited by Boogie12; 04-07-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Have a feeling he will go before 12...just a gut feeling high ceiling for this player if he can stay out of trouble.