+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NFL Draft 12014: Giants' Biggest Needs After Free Agency

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ee_agency.html

Excerpt: "A busy month of signings and re-signings have reshaped the Giants future, both long and short-term.

They are now set at cornerback, where they were think prior to free agency. They're invested in a running back (Rashad Jennings) for at least a couple seasons. They're comfortable in at least one guard spot with free-agent signing Geoff Schwartz.

General manager Jerry Reese accomplished plenty in the first month of free agency. With salary cap constraints, more holes than usual on the roster to fill and almost half his 2013 team set to become free agents, he couldn't realistically do it all. The Giants still have major needs heading into the 2014 NFL Draft.

Prior to free agency, Conor had offensive line, tight end and running back pegged as the team's biggest needs. I threw tight end in there too.

Not much has changed in regards to the long-term view of the offensive line. It's still a major need moving forward. Tight end has also become increasingly more relevant, thanks to the Giants' relative inactivity at the position in free agency.

Heading into the draft, it's now their No. 1 need. It's not their only one though.

GIANTS NEEDS

1. Tight End -- They just can't move forward with Kellen Davis or Adrien Robinson as their starting tight end. Neither have done anything notable to this point of their careers.

2. Center -- The J.D. Walton signing was a major risk. He hasn't played in almost three years, and the Giants don't even have a reliable contingency plan at this point. The center position still needs to be addressed." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

If we know about these needs you can bet Reese knows also and probably has something planned before our first regular season game..My guess that in addition to drafting a tight end he will look to pick up another when all the teams have to establish their final roster.Same situation with the Center position.

I think TE is the biggest need.. The question is, what round to address it in

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    We have 3 TE stars on the bench Yo !! LOL....
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

Id be fine with anywhere from the 2nd to the 5th. There's not a tremendous gap in talent in this years TE class
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

I think Aaron Donald will be the BPA at the 12 spot. I rank him higher than Ebron.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I think Aaron Donald will be the BPA at the 12 spot. I rank him higher than Ebron.
    I'm watching highlights of this dude. Yes please. If Hankins and Moore pan out and develop as they should, that would be a nasty young DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    Id be fine with anywhere from the 2nd to the 5th. There's not a tremendous gap in talent in this years TE class
    I think there is quite a big gap b/t Ebron and the others. He is going to be a stud for the next decade. After Ebron the TE's are fairly close. ASJ, Fiedorowicz, Niklas, and Lynch are all pretty similar IMO. The first 3 have a pretty big edge over Lynch though but he is solid as well

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Just draft a TE in the first 3 rounds.. Should be able to get a good one

Just draft a TE in the first 3 rounds.. Should be able to get a good one
    I will be really nervous if they don't get one in the first 3 rounds... I was wondering the other day... Where do you think Lyerla goes? Really good talent but a big red flag.

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig