+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clemson draft prospect Brandon Thomas tears ACL

Clemson draft prospect Brandon Thomas tears ACL

We need to target him as a late round pick or UFA....It's a risk, but we could get a steal for next season, essentially giving us an extra draft pick in 2015 if he heals....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...mas-tears-acl/

For the players hoping to be drafted next month by the NFL, the time between now and then is filled with training.

And holding their breath.

According to Adam Caplan of ESPN, Clemson offensive lineman Brandon Thomas suffered a torn ACL while working out last week.

Thomas, who played left tackle at Clemson but projects inside in the NFL, could have been a third- or fourth-round pick if healthy.

But this news will cost him thousands in terms of bonus, if he’s drafted at all, as anyone who wants him knows they’ll get at most three years worth of contract for him.

TAGF - Troll About Giants Football

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Just what we need, another injury project.. no thanks, we need to be as safe and smart as possible.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Just what we need, another injury project.. no thanks, we need to be as safe and smart as possible.
    Clearly he would be taking a year off but if he was there in the 6th round I would 100% roll the dice on him as a potential future starter as opposed to someone who will be fighting for special teams.

That sucks for Thomas. I wish the kid well. But the Giants need to have a good to great draft and that means drafting players that are healthy and can hopefully hit the field this season and make an impact. Unfortunately, Thomas' injury leaves him out of that equation. But I wouldn't be totally opposed to bringing him in as an UDFA.
    One of these teams is not like the others

That is a bit of bad luck for the young guy, I hope he recovers and can get on a team...

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen43 View Post
    Clearly he would be taking a year off but if he was there in the 6th round I would 100% roll the dice on him as a potential future starter as opposed to someone who will be fighting for special teams.
    Um, why would u think we go special teams in the 6th? Way too many holes to go that route

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Honestly I wonder if maybe he'll just declare for next year instead... sounds like a better decision if he can show GMs that he was serious in his rehab...

^^^^ People can still undeclare? Once u hire an agent, I thought you are now in violation. Plus he wouldn't be able to play next season anyway.

If we can stash him for Practice player money for a year...then do it. With all the one year contracts, we will need him in 2015.......We could also get Martavius from same school. Helps when u get drafted with friends from same school..

Unless ur Hosley and Wilson...... No More Vtech players

+ Reply to Thread