+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Taylor Lewan, Potential Giants' Draft Target, Pushes Court Date Until After Draft

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ter_draft.html

Excerpt: "Former Michigan offensive lineman Taylor Lewan's arraignment will have to wait until after the NFL Draft. The postponement could affect the Giants, who own the No. 12 overall pick.

Lewan was supposed to be charged with one count of aggravated assault and two counts of assault and battery on Tuesday. The arraignment was delayed until May 19, according to an MLive.com report.

The NFL Draft is scheduled for May 8-10.

Lewan is accused of injuring two Ohio State fans during a fight in the early morning hours after Michigan lost to the Buckeyes. The potential first-round pick has denied the charges.

"I wasn't in any fight," Lewan said at the NFL Combine. "I was actually breaking something up. Some guy said I slugged him. That's not who I am off the field. It's not the kind of person I am. It might seem that way because of the way I play football but it's not who I am." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

This could backfire on him. There are going to be questions now as to his guilt/availability. It won't matter to some teams and it will to others.

I think he would have been better off getting it over with, especially if he is telling the truth.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

If he falls to the second round it'd be a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by PUGH72 View Post
    If he falls to the second round it'd be a steal.
    ain't happening PUGH

Veteran
    I think he's gonna be a good tackle, he just sounds like a total sleazeball and doesn't match with what the Giants need.

He'll definitely still go first round..

Isnt this the 2nd time he has had to use the "that's not who I am" excuse? He literally said the exact same thing in response to the questions about the other incident.

This might be the only thing that lets him fall to #12. We shouldn't complain.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Isnt this the 2nd time he has had to use the "that's not who I am" excuse? He literally said the exact same thing in response to the questions about the other incident.
    Sounds to me like he lies a lot. I'm sure teams are real fond of that

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Sounds to me like he lies a lot. I'm sure teams are real fond of that
    it does seem like that. i think the fact that the court date being pushed back to after the draft is evidence in itself of his guilt in the charge. if hes so innocent why not just have the trial right there and prove your innocence, which could in turn raise his draft stock. the whole pushing it to after the draft makes it seem like hes not as innocent as hes claiming

Is not a gritty, physical finisher. Has a lean lower body and does not explode on contact. Can be inverted by power and does not carry a load in his hands. Could do a better job recognizing and adjusting to the outside blitz. Quirky personality that can be easily misunderstood.
    Quirky huh? This guy will either be a solid lineman or a complete bust. I am leaning bust.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."