+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dee Ford is the pick

I know it will come as a who is that guy pick, however he fits the mold. Pass rusher with upside and someone who has his best ahead of him. Aldon Smith clone.

if you say so..

I don't see an Aldon smith clone at all. Much more comparable to Osi, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I don't see an Aldon smith clone at all. Much more comparable to Osi, IMO.
    Same

Not at 12...at 22 sure

I like him a lot as a player. I'm just not convinced he will be able to hold up against the run at the next level. Ford def is the type of edge rusher we need, however, he is too one dimensional to be picked at 12.

Not sure that he is worth the number 12 pick….

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    At 6'2" 252, he is light in the loafers and does not "fit the mold." I like the kid, but not at 12.. No way, Jose Experto.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    At 6'2" 252, he is light in the loafers and does not "fit the mold." I like the kid, but not at 12.. No way, Jose Experto.
    What mold

I'm sure the Giants are thinking about taking a 4th round pick at #12. SMFH.

ANALYSIS
    STRENGTHS Very good acceleration and burst to beat blockers off the ball. Anticipates the snap very well and has a long second step. Plays with urgency and keeps working to the quarterback. Outstanding energy and work ethic. Athletic enough to fall in coverage and play on his feet. Beat Texas A&M RT Cedric Ogbuehi for two sacks to close out a 45-41 upset victory and finished the season strong. Respected, defensive tempo-setter -- distinguished by his effort, hustle and pursuit.
    WEAKNESSES Undersized -- thin-framed, lacks bulk and anchor strength to dig in vs. the run. Cannot convert speed to power and gets stalled if he cannot work half of a blocker. Struggles to discard blockers when locked up and gets inverted. Not comfortable moving in reverse. Has consistently been dinged with injuries and has never made it through a full season healthy.
    DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 4-5
    BOTTOM LINE High-motor college left defensive end better suited for a rush linebacker role in the pros. Has added more than 50 pounds to his frame since arriving on campus and has demonstrated the desire, work habits and competitiveness to develop into a Trent Cole-like edge rusher if he can stay healthy.