+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Sounds to me like he lies a lot. I'm sure teams are real fond of that
    The thing with threatening the girl via text should be easy enough to prove one way or the other, right? Either the girl or the police or someone has the text or they don't . . .. .

The only thing worse for his draft status than actually making the threats is lying about making the threats when teams ask you about it.

I don't see the Giants going near this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    The thing with threatening the girl via text should be easy enough to prove one way or the other, right? Either the girl or the police or someone has the text or they don't . . .. .

The only thing worse for his draft status than actually making the threats is lying about making the threats when teams ask you about it.

same i really dont see the Giants drafting him. it just shows how little draft "analysts" know about the teams theyre projecting players to. they just see "oh giants oline sucked last year, they definitely have to go oline in the 1st round."

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post

It wasn't a text or at least it wasn't JUST a text. I have seen this rumor too, but according to the police report its not true.

Its hard to read because the names are removed(as they should be) but again, here is the police report regarding the threats he made.

http://www.washtenawwatchdogs.com/um-police-report.html

As you can see he made 2 threats in very public places with multiple witnesses. The 1st 1 was at her dorm where he went up to the wrong girl, because he didn't know her face yet, and proceeded to threaten her. The 2nd threat, the notorious 1 where he asked if she was going to press charges against his friend because if she did he would rape her because his friend did not, happened at a graduate student concert with multiple witnesses.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-08-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    This might be the only thing that lets him fall to #12. We shouldn't complain.
    Why shouldnt we complain? Doubt we take him after this, plus Id love for him to go before our pick so someone else drops. I kept changing my mind about the guy, but theres too much risk at #12 overall, he can take a hike.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

I'm less concerned about the fight Lewan had and more concerned about the threat he made to the girl. But he would've been better off getting the arraignment out of the way before the draft.

But somebody will still draft him. I just hope it's not the Giants.
    One of these teams is not like the others

yeah threatening to rape a woman is pretty serious. he should have dealt with it now and been a 5th rounder. I hope the giants don't take this clown can you imagine picking him at 12 and he gets convicted.

Taylor Lewan all the way... with the number 12 pick

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    It wasn't a text or at least it wasn't JUST a text. I have seen this rumor too, but according to the police report its not true.

Its hard to read because the names are removed(as they should be) but again, here is the police report regarding the threats he made.

http://www.washtenawwatchdogs.com/um-police-report.html

As you can see he made 2 threats in very public places with multiple witnesses. The 1st 1 was at her dorm where he went up to the wrong girl, because he didn't know her face yet, and proceeded to threaten her. The 2nd threat, the notorious 1 where he asked if she was going to press charges against his friend because if she did he would rape her because his friend did not, happened at a graduate student concert with multiple witnesses.
    Yikes . . . .so all these witnesses who witnessed two separate threats are lying and he is telling the truth . . . hmmm

I also not that the police report doesn't say that he denied making the threats when he was confronted . . .
    Last edited by TCHOF; 04-08-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Yup, I think this could work against Lewan(getting the court date pushed back). Like others said, someone will draft him and I'm hoping that its not the Giants.

Young people make mistakes at that age especially. The alleged fight is one thing, but threatening a girl with rape is a lot worse. And lying about it makes it all that worse.

Buyer Beware goes out to whomever drafts him, especially if in the 1st rd.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by luni View Post
    Taylor Lewan all the way... with the number 12 pick
    You're bananas, nice avatar

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson