+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63
  1. #21
    This is going to blow up in his face.

    He just guaranteed he won't be drafted by some teams. At least if he had gotten it over with teams would know what they are getting into with him.

    I didn't think the Giants had any interest and now I am sure of it. Reese just doesn't risk it on this type of person...unless he gets some kind of info that everyone else doesn't have.

  2. #22
    I'm pretty sure he's being advised by pro counsel. Positive to say it wasn't his choice. Unless he's majoring in a law degree I'm sure that was advised. Amazing how all these conspiracy theories pop up all over the msg boards. Guess it's easy to speculate and make assumptions let's see how this all plays out.
    The guy is definitely young immature and carries a chip on his shoulder. Well the chip should be carried on the field and he needs to grow up quick. This should teach him a lesson that he's not above others regardless of how pampered he's been his whole life because he can play football. That's the hope anyway..

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie12 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's being advised by pro counsel. Positive to say it wasn't his choice. Unless he's majoring in a law degree I'm sure that was advised. Amazing how all these conspiracy theories pop up all over the msg boards. Guess it's easy to speculate and make assumptions let's see how this all plays out.
    The guy is definitely young immature and carries a chip on his shoulder. Well the chip should be carried on the field and he needs to grow up quick. This should teach him a lesson that he's not above others regardless of how pampered he's been his whole life because he can play football. That's the hope anyway..
    There is a huge difference between a conspiracy theory and an opinion.


    As to what I posted, it is a police report, not opinion or conspiracy. The guy has serious off the field concerns. To deny that would be a conspiracy theory imho.

  4. #24
    Veteran TAILGATIN''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    There is a huge difference between a conspiracy theory and an opinion.


    As to what I posted, it is a police report, not opinion or conspiracy. The guy has serious off the field concerns. To deny that would be a conspiracy theory imho.
    +1

    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    There is a huge difference between a conspiracy theory and an opinion.


    As to what I posted, it is a police report, not opinion or conspiracy. The guy has serious off the field concerns. To deny that would be a conspiracy theory imho.
    No the conspiracy is no one knows who advised him. Yet people are making assumptions to a legal process that 99 percent of people have no clue about.
    My comments where about the legal proceeding not police reports. Unless your his lawyer you have no clue why this decision was made.

    Ohh and btw someones opinion is another persons conspiracy we see it all the time. It's all in the way you want to believe something or bash something.
    Last edited by Boogie12; 04-08-2014 at 11:45 PM.

  6. #26
    Veteran RagTime Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Carlstadt, NJ
    Posts
    4,009
    If the Giants think he can play, I hope they're not afraid to draft him. I'm no scout, but from what I've seen and read, I believe he has the talent to play, and play very well.

    These guys know that being drafted even 5 spots earlier or later could mean a lot of money gained or lost. I wouldn't look into this legal move as any sign of guilt or seriousness of the crime.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie12 View Post
    No the conspiracy is no one knows who advised him. Yet people are making assumptions to a legal process that 99 percent of people have no clue about.
    My comments where about the legal proceeding not police reports. Unless your his lawyer you have no clue why this decision was made.

    Ohh and btw someones opinion is another persons conspiracy we see it all the time. It's all in the way you want to believe something or bash something.
    yes no one here is his lawyer. However, IMO dealing with this before he becomes an employee of the NFL would prevent him from being disciplined by the NFL. Since he's choosing to wait until after the draft teams are going to be more apprehensive about the unknowns of the situation. Once he signs the contract effectively become property of the NFL and if a judgement is rendered against him. He could miss time and already starts out on RG's radar. This is just my take on it...and i hope the giants don't draft him...

  8. #28
    All-Pro BigBlueBoricua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Worth, Florida
    Posts
    6,341
    His attorney explains the court date situation as follow. Everyone's opinions about this does not matter and is speculative heresay.

    John Shea told ESPN it was just a coincidence that the new date is after the draft.

    "When an attorney is involved, it is common in this court for the arraignment to be adjourned and combined with the next stage in the process, the pretrial hearing," Shea said in an email to ESPN.com. "In this case, given the schedules of the parties and the available pretrial dates of the court, the first available arraignment and pretrial date was May 19.

    "So that is the date I requested."

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ter_draft.html
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

    Get Better #80, Hermano !!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie12 View Post
    No the conspiracy is no one knows who advised him. Yet people are making assumptions to a legal process that 99 percent of people have no clue about.
    My comments where about the legal proceeding not police reports. Unless your his lawyer you have no clue why this decision was made.

    Ohh and btw someones opinion is another persons conspiracy we see it all the time. It's all in the way you want to believe something or bash something.
    I don't care "who advised him" that's not the guy we are drafting. How about we hold people accountable for their own actions and their own words?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant303 View Post
    yes no one here is his lawyer. However, IMO dealing with this before he becomes an employee of the NFL would prevent him from being disciplined by the NFL. Since he's choosing to wait until after the draft teams are going to be more apprehensive about the unknowns of the situation. Once he signs the contract effectively become property of the NFL and if a judgement is rendered against him. He could miss time and already starts out on RG's radar. This is just my take on it...and i hope the giants don't draft him...
    Do you think any team that wants to draft him wont have their legal team aware of the matter. I find it very hard to believe that teams will roll the dice not knowing what course of action is being prepared. And that includes wether the prosecution will pursue or drop the case. Or more likely making an assumption here plea bargain which is probably why they ask for a delay in order to prepare and hear the prosecutions recommendation. Regardless of whatever comes to play here the decision will be rendered before the start of the season.
    These are legal tactics and this is the course that was chosen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts