Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Ryan Plans to Extend the Starters to Win the Game

From Mike Garafolo:

Ryan said he doesn't want to show his 'good stuff' before the regular season. They'll use a base, vanilla game plan. Ryan did say the starters, who usually play one or two series, might go a bit longer Monday.

"I'd much rather win that preseason game (than lose), but we’re not going to play the starters into the fourth quarter to get it done," Ryan said. "We may extend them a little bit."

Re: Ryan Plans to Leave in Starters to Win the Game

That would be unspeakably stupid.

What would it prove if the Jets1st stringersget the best of our 4th stringers???

I hopewe have a 9th string undrafted rookie FA who breaks Sanchez in half in the 4th quarter . . . .

Veteran

man would I love to see his plan back fire and our backups roll right over them

If anyone gets hurt....the media will EATE him alive...

Veteran

lmao.. man thats going to be hilarious

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

That would be unspeakably stupid.

What would it prove if the Jets*1st stringers*get the best of our 4th stringers???

I hope*we have a 9th string undrafted rookie FA who breaks Sanchez in half in the 4th quarter . . . . *

[/quote]

Ryan can't be losing preseason games you know. it would look bad on television.

I'm glad the Giants are blocking out all the chatter and are sticking to what they believe is the right thing for the team, but I'm really getting sick of the Jets antics.

Patriots and Saints played their starters a few series into the 2nd quarter, maybe 4 minutes into it. I was shocked they played that long but I'm curious to see what we do Monday, not what the Jets do.

Sorry JR, but the thread title is way misleading compared to the numnuts Rex Ryan quotes. Extending them "a bit" doesn't mean anything concrete. Maybe he "extends" them a whole extra series! Whoa, eh? And obviously he'd rather win than lose, so would TC and the Giants. Just ask Herm, you. play. to. win. the. game. Period!

Rex Ryan is such a tool!! I don't even hate the jets normally but I wouldn't mind Rex Ryan getting hit by a bus. Problem...Ryan is as big as a bus. It's hard to believe that his mouth is even bigger than his waist! It's ridic

[quote user="DubFowler"]Sorry JR, but the thread title is way misleading compared to the numnuts Rex Ryan quotes. Extending them "a bit" doesn't mean anything concrete. Maybe he "extends" them a whole extra series! Whoa, eh? And obviously he'd rather win than lose, so would TC and the Giants. Just ask Herm, you. play. to. win. the. game. Period![/quote]

No it's not. Direct quote. He's saying he'll extend them but doesn't plan to leave them in until the fourth quarter. So what does that mean, they play THREE QUARTERS?

Even if they played A HALF that would be ridiculous for the first preseason game where you're trying to evaluate personnel.

He's basically saying that winning the game against the Giants means more to him than what the first preseason game is actually for.