+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnage781 View Post
    I just have a feeling they are fully sold on walton, which may or may not work, but I would like a versatile interior lineman as insurance. IF we draft henderson we would be set at T, and do have a bunch of bodies at G including draft picks that obviously are also affordable, I would like to see what herman can do but think hes injured, i would maybe just try them all at center and see who would make the best backup, maybe bring in a UDFA as well for a little more competition, cause that last body is gonna be the very bottom of depth chart barring anything crazy and/or injuries

Yeah, I think they're probably sold on Walton, too. But I'm hoping they draft another center as insurance in case Walton gets hurt or can't get healthy. The Giants found out the hard way last year that instability at center will sink your O-Line.
    One of these teams is not like the others

I'd take Ebron only if Donald and Evans are both off the board and none of the top rated OL like Matthews or Robinson or other "top 5 " guys dont drop. I'd rather a beast of a DT in Donald in the first and above average TE like ASU or Amaro in the second or third, then a above average TE in the first and a average DL in the second or thrid. IMO i still think our DL needs alot of help, TE is a luxury. Judging by pass track record of both Coughlin and McAdoo, the TE will catch 50-60 balls, tops. I dont think you spend the 12th pick on that type of player, when you have so many better options and needs.
    My Mock

1. Aaron Donald
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    3. Gabe Jackson
    4. Andre Williams

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    im starting to buy into this as well. i was anti-Ebron for awhile but now its just starting to make more sense to me as to why we should draft him. i wouldnt be upset if we didnt draft him, but i would like if we did
    I just don't like taking this guy as the 12th pick due with the Giants O'line in its current state. The Giants have major question marks at Center, left tackle, and guard so they are going to bring in a TE that isn't know for his blocking? While the Giants rebuild their O'line in the next year or two our TE's will need to be very proficient in blocking and Ebron isn't. The TE is going to need to shore up our horrendous line so this pick wouldn't benefit the team as much as a game breaking WR, OT, DT, DE

Montcief will not be there in the third, Tuit is a 3-4 DE. I'm thinking Barr or Donald in round 1… Think you can get Seantrel Henderson in the 5th round and would take Larry Webster over Lynch (too many character issues).

If the Giants pick a lineman for our first round pick i will do back flips.

1. Eric Ebron TE
    2. Stephon Tuitt DT
    3. Donte Moncrief WR
    4. Seantrel Henderson OT
    5. Storm Johnson RB
    5. Prince Shembo OLB
    6. Aaron Lynch DE
    Not bad. But Im not a fan of Ebron, especially at 12. I like Moncrief in the 3rd. I would have thrown a C/G somewhere in that draft. I think Walton is a band-aid and Snee is 32 yrs old. So getting a C/G to learn behind Snee and Walton would be a good thing.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

1. Eric Ebron TE
    2. Stephon Tuitt DT
    3. Donte Moncrief WR
    4. Seantrel Henderson OT
    5. Storm Johnson RB
    5. Prince Shembo OLB
    6. Aaron Lynch DE
    I'm ok with #1, #2 and #5 and #6.

Though I don't know much about D-Moncrief or Storm Johnson and while I like Henderson's talent I think he could be had in the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    I just don't like taking this guy as the 12th pick due with the Giants O'line in its current state. The Giants have major question marks at Center, left tackle, and guard so they are going to bring in a TE that isn't know for his blocking? While the Giants rebuild their O'line in the next year or two our TE's will need to be very proficient in blocking and Ebron isn't. The TE is going to need to shore up our horrendous line so this pick wouldn't benefit the team as much as a game breaking WR, OT, DT, DE
    +1
    My Mock

1. Aaron Donald
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    3. Gabe Jackson
    4. Andre Williams

1. Eric Ebron TE
    2. Stephon Tuitt DT
    3. Donte Moncrief WR
    4. Seantrel Henderson OT
    5. Storm Johnson RB
    5. Prince Shembo OLB
    6. Aaron Lynch DE
    I would change your 3rd rounderd and 2nd 5th rounder but overall i really like this draft. Would prefer Stork in the 5th.

Bench Player
    Seantrell is lazy and Storm has talent, but cones with some baggage.