+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Favorite Giants game?

Slow day at work today so i found myself watching highlights of one of my favorite Giants games that i can remember (im 26) when we played the 49ers in the 2012 championship game. I think they had beaten us earlier in the year in a close game which made this win so much more satisfying, not to mention it sent us to the super bowl. Im curious of what others favorite game would be..

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201201...ghts&tab=recap

Veteran
    I thoroughly enjoyed the Giants game against Dallas to go to superbowl 42. And the look on Jerry's face was an added bonus.

The 86 divisional game against the miners 49-3 was great, I was 5 at the time but have watched that game many times since, what a showing!

Always answer the same way to this occasional post question...

1986 NFC Championship game vs Washington. Greatest game ever. After long suffering, to be at that stadium and witness that surreal atmosphere, I just can't see beating it.

Giants first meeting with the Cowboys in 2011 with the JPP blocked FG. I probably have others that I like more but that's the first that comes to mind without thinking too much about it.

been a season ticket holder my entire life and I can honestly say there has never been a feeling in a stadium like their was near the end of the 1986 NFC championship game at Giants Stadium

debris flying through the air, strangers hugging strangers, grown men with tears in their eyes holding each other like the war was over,

it was a beautiful day

The Redskin game after Mara died was something special. Crowd was pumped. Call me crazy but you could feel it in the air that day.

For me it was SB 25. Amid the backdrop of the beginning of the Gulf War.

8 point underdog's and we had to play a perfect game against a great team.
    So we did.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    been a season ticket holder my entire life and I can honestly say there has never been a feeling in a stadium like their was near the end of the 1986 NFC championship game at Giants Stadium

debris flying through the air, strangers hugging strangers, grown men with tears in their eyes holding each other like the war was over,

it was a beautiful day
    "Grown men with tears in their eys holding each other like the war was over?" No more alcohol for you YA.
    Actually I was there and will second every one of your observations.
    Last edited by jomo; 04-08-2014 at 04:38 PM.
    No one remembers who came in second.

For me it was SB XXI.

Simms vindicated. The Giants winning their first SB. Pepper Johnson dancing at the center of the field at the end, McConkey getting that deflected TD off of Bavaro, the flea flicker that went to the one, the first drive right down the field to Mowatt, Carl Banks playing lights out...

I could go on and on...