+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Giants game?

The 86 Game agains the Vikings where Simms hit Bobby Johnson on 4th and 17 for a first down to keep the winning drive going and allow Raul Allegre to kick the winning FG. After that game. I knew it was gonna be a special season. Just felt like destiny after winning that game.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    key

I was in my 30s as was my brother and we were with our father who was around 60 at the time ....he was at the game in '56

to be going back to the big dance was very emotional for him.... that was the only time I ever saw my father cry

I remember all the debris in the air ... looked like toilet paper and all sorts of wrappers.... I also have a vision of the field carpet having lots of big wet spots on it .... that old horrible carpet

that whole 4th quarter was a party .... even the security was celebrating

I had never felt that before at a game... and have not felt it since....

there was something magical in the air

I also remember being at the game and hearing that Denver had beat the Browns.... and I knew that very second that we were going to hammer them .... I just knew it
    OMG...maybe I hugged your Dad!!....

I dug these up from my archives in the basement...

Quote Originally Posted by RonJon View Post
    The 86 Game agains the Vikings where Simms hit Bobby Johnson on 4th and 17 for a first down to keep the winning drive going and allow Raul Allegre to kick the winning FG. After that game. I knew it was gonna be a special season. Just felt like destiny after winning that game.
    Same here. It was karma.

I was at SB25.... but that wasn't the best.
    SB 21 was the most satisfying game ever.
    SB 42 was an amazing feeling.
    But, I have to agree with YA and Key... that 4th Qtr, and the celebration at the end of the '86 game against Washington was a great feeling. Finally, we were going to the dance.
    Finally, the Giants were getting respect again.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    been a season ticket holder my entire life and I can honestly say there has never been a feeling in a stadium like their was near the end of the 1986 NFC championship game at Giants Stadium

debris flying through the air, strangers hugging strangers, grown men with tears in their eyes holding each other like the war was over,

it was a beautiful day
    I saw it on TV and like you said Giants Stadium was rocking, so much emotions flowing in that historical game. The Giants sealed their faith with destiny that night, no one or no body would come in their way to win their 1st SB.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

For me its the 1990 NFC Championship Game against the 49'ers.
    I remember the entire game like it was yesterday even more the words from Pat Summerall after the FG from Matt Bahr when through the uprights,
    " There will be no three-peat " Still gives me goosebumps
    WTH just for kicks lets see it again and again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M12S1-TEJ9c
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

I have many favorites, all 4 superbowls and several more but the one that sticks out with me is the 90 nfc championship in Frisco.

the Reasons fake punt; LTs fumble recovery and the hit by Leonard Marshall make that my favorite of all time game.
    Last edited by BigBlue1971; 04-25-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Bench Player
    great game man, this one was a classic because it was the year in which "Elite Eli" was claimed. he proved himself right and showed everybody that he's as good as tom brady by BEATING tom brady AGAIN in the superbowl. my favorite game would have to be giants versus patriots but its actually not either one of the superbowls, its week 17, the last game of 2007-2008 season where giants played perfect patriots and lost 37-34 but played their hearts out and played the best game of the season against the best team of the season and showed they could duke it out with the best of the best. this shifted all the momentum and made their playoff run so much sweeter because it changed their confidence

Bench Player
    Hey guys im working on a blog and if its not too much trouble for anyone please take a look at it when you guys get a chance, I posted a couple articles on giants in the site. I only post giant-related stuff my other buddies post nfl-related stuff but me im too die-hard giants to care about anything else in nfl but the big blue wrecking crew. the blog site is footballgiantsreport.com check it out and comment and let me know what I need to work on what you guys think

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    That final TD to Plax at the end was......I don't know any word to actually describe that feeling. Needless to say it felt amazing
    i loved this game..i still watch it...i don't know if you remember, but the best part was they kept showing the ending of the game over and over about 10 times.....

+ Reply to Thread