+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Giants game?

WOW.....

That's a tough one. The one game that always stands out for me and I remember more than any other is the 1990 NFC Championship Game. Nevermind the fact that we beat the 49ers on their own turf, but the game was SO well played by both sides.

I remember that Leonard Marshall hit like it was yesterday. And especially when Summerall said, "The diangnosis on Montana is.....EVERYTHING HURTS!"

GREAT GAME!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tbagz86 View Post
    I wouldn't say its my favorite, but its definitely up there. I feel it has to be mentioned since no one said this one yet:

Broncos @ Giants 2005. Eli throws the game winning TD to Toomer with 5 seconds to go in the 4th quarter. FANTASTIC GAME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SUaPVUkTwU
    Everyone left and it was still one of the loudest Iv herd Giants Stadium. Great game.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

the Wellington Mara (RIP) Game...

Amani's single-handed torching of the Cowboys in Jerruh's house

The Robert Tisch (RIP) Game

2007 Post-Season run where all the experts wrote the Jints off ...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

The Week 2 comeback vs Philly in 06' instantly comes to mind. When Plax fumbled the ball going in to the endzone at about the 5 or 10 and Tim Carter fell on it I knew we were going to come all the way back.

And then the Week 17 game again vs. Washington in Washington when Tiki ran all over them for the single game record that still stands of 234 yards and he had 3 TDs. Two 50 yard TD's. I remember his final score a 50 yarder and him just running right through a Sean Taylor arm tackle. I had to listen to this one on the radio but I watched the highlights and they were spectacular.

The Wellington Mara RIP game in 2005 of course.

Favorite playoff game other than of course the Super Bowls was the beat down of the Vikings in 2000. This was the first time the Giants played like legit bad*****es in my life. "And today, on this field of painted mud" it still gives me chills

Quote Originally Posted by tbagz86 View Post
    I wouldn't say its my favorite, but its definitely up there. I feel it has to be mentioned since no one said this one yet:

Broncos @ Giants 2005. Eli throws the game winning TD to Toomer with 5 seconds to go in the 4th quarter. FANTASTIC GAME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SUaPVUkTwU
    Yesss !!!!

Also can't forget the 2007 comeback in Chicago Eli to Toomer !
    Last edited by eLi MusT gO dEEp; 04-18-2014 at 01:12 PM.

Tough one....

Without thinking.. I'll go 2000 NFC championship game.

I'll never forget watching it with my old man.. hearing from nearly everyone of our friends family NFL Analysts that the Giants had NO SHOT against the Vikings high powered offense.

The rest is history.

The Superbowl was a tough pill to swallow. I felt like the GMen couldn't be stopped after that drubbing of the Vikes, They had all the momentum (So we thought lol)... Regardless that was one of the most exciting Giants seasons ever..
    Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

taking the perfect season from the Pats! so awesome !

# 80

oh yeah that one Monday nighter when Cutler got crushed, the the bears backup got crushed.

LOL oh the **** talking that day leading up to the game ( I live in chicago) they were like the Giants were over-rated, we got lucky in the SB and all that... I was trying to play the humble type but these 1985'ers were mad popping ****ake.

the next day I still maintained the humble role but I couldn't help but to smirk at some of my tormentors.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    For me it was SB 25. Amid the backdrop of the beginning of the Gulf War.

8 point underdog's and we had to play a perfect game against a great team.
    So we did.
    that was just a perfect super bowl in every way

I prefer blowouts more than last second wins (easier on the heart) so the 49-3 blowout against SF was one I relished every second of the game, with no stress at all.

+ Reply to Thread