+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    For me its the 1990 NFC Championship Game against the 49'ers.
    I remember the entire game like it was yesterday even more the words from Pat Summerall after the FG from Matt Bahr when through the uprights,
    " There will be no three-peat " Still gives me goosebumps
    WTH just for kicks lets see it again and again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M12S1-TEJ9c
    +1...I was nine, and this game always holds a special place in my heart. I feel like saying the first Patriots SB, but it's the 90 NFCCG.

I remember stories about the 49ers flying their office equipment down to Tampa before our game. They were that confident.

Epic 49ers team + our gritty team + Madden/Summerall calling the game...didn't get any better.

Quote Originally Posted by VTDante View Post
    +1...I was nine, and this game always holds a special place in my heart. I feel like saying the first Patriots SB, but it's the 90 NFCCG.

I remember stories about the 49ers flying their office equipment down to Tampa before our game. They were that confident.

Epic 49ers team + our gritty team + Madden/Summerall calling the game...didn't get any better.
    First post? welcome.
    A good memory. That was when Summerall said, "There will be no threepeat."
    I was at the SB in Tampa for our victory over the Bills. I was standing at field level, at the goal line on the side where Norwood missed. I couldn't tell whether it was in or out as it passed by, and looked out at the field to see the Giants jumping around and celebrating. A great game, but not my fav.

I was at Lambeau Field on January 20, 2008, for the NFC Championship game.
    The 3rd coldest game in NFL history, and it was worth freezing my butt off!!!
    O-B-J !!!

Super Bowl XXV, IMO the greatest Super Bowl of all.

SB 42 (nothing will ever be as gratifying as that)
    SB 21 (the first)

The first half of the NFC Championship 2001:
    John Madden: "... and the Minnesota Vikings look like they want no part o' this!!"

I was fortunate to be in Yankee Stadium for my first "in-person" game with my father, Dec 30,1956, to see the Giants crush the Bears 47-7 for the World Championship of football! Quite a thrill for one's first game in person after listening to and watching the G-Men play on radio, then on our "wide screen" 9 inch TV set! since the 1947 season. My second favorite was Jan. 25th 1987 in the Rose Bowl when we whacked the Broncos 39-20. Being season ticket holders we were allowed to get two tickets @ $75.00 each. Try that today????????????? Simply great to be a lifelong Giants fan!!!