+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93

Thread: Jerrel Jernigan

  1. #1

    Jerrel Jernigan

    Rotoworld ranked the top #3 WR http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...eiver-rankings

    JJ is ranked #3. Granted this is in terms of fantasy production, so it should be looked at from a FF context. However, the more I think about it, the more comfortable I'd be with an offense featuring a 3 WR set of Cruz, Randle, Jernigan + a stud PASS CATCHING rookie TE (Ebron, ASJ, Amaro) so that excludes fiedorowicz and possibly niklas.

  2. #2
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    8,896
    I read this yesterday. Was ironic seeing Nicks listed at #5 with Jernigan at #3. Anyway, doesn't mean much.

  3. #3
    Hot Dang..!
    BURN THE BOATS!!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,537
    Don't understand this list at all, all I know is a receiver who played 3 good games in his career (2 against secondaries that I could light up) is ranked #3 lol and JJ is not an outside receiver, and better not be anything more than Cruz's backup in the slot, and if we move Cruz out of the slot.. I quit

  5. #5
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    8,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    Don't understand this list at all, all I know is a receiver who played 3 good games in his career (2 against secondaries that I could light up) is ranked #3 lol and JJ is not an outside receiver, and better not be anything more than Cruz's backup in the slot, and if we move Cruz out of the slot.. I quit
    Cruz always played out wide in 2 receiver sets though.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,537
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Cruz always played out wide in 2 receiver sets though.
    Which is fine obviously we wanna keep Cruz on the feild.. but taking him out of the slot in 3 wide (where we all know he is most effective) is just plain stupid.. stupid, stupid, stupid, unfathomably dumb

    Anyone who thinks that a half decent idea needs to stop talking about football immediately

  7. #7
    Veteran JB456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    Don't understand this list at all, all I know is a receiver who played 3 good games in his career (2 against secondaries that I could light up) is ranked #3 lol and JJ is not an outside receiver, and better not be anything more than Cruz's backup in the slot, and if we move Cruz out of the slot.. I quit
    If JJ is found to be much better than expected, he should find a place on the field regardless of Cruz. A good coordinator will find a way to get his best players on the field and hopefully McAdoo turns out to be a good offensive coordinator.

  8. #8
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    8,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    Which is fine obviously we wanna keep Cruz on the feild.. but taking him out of the slot in 3 wide (where we all know he is most effective) is just plain stupid.. stupid, stupid, stupid, unfathomably dumb

    Anyone who thinks that a half decent idea needs to stop talking about football immediately
    It's not as stupid as your making it out to be. The Giants can mix and match being that Cruz can play both. It's not 100% of the time Cruz will always be in the slot on 3rd downs. Teams get creative and I don't see anything wrong with them sprinkling in Jernigan every now and then in the slot role.

  9. #9
    Veteran JB456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    It's not as stupid as your making it out to be. The Giants can mix and match being that Cruz can play both. It's not 100% of the time Cruz will always be in the slot on 3rd downs. Teams get creative and I don't see anything wrong with them sprinkling in Jernigan every now and then in the slot role.
    Exactly and we are making the same point.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,537
    JJ can play oppo slot in 4 wide, that's cool, but if were in 3 wide Cruz should be in the slot EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. and JJ should be on the sideline.. taking a man out of his best postition and plugging in someone half as effective in the spot is not being "creative"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts