+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerrel Jernigan

Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    JJ can play oppo slot in 4 wide, that's cool, but if were in 3 wide Cruz should be in the slot EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. and JJ should be on the sideline.. taking a man out of his best postition and plugging in someone half as effective in the spot is not being "creative"
    It's useless to discuss this if your mind is already made up. Being in the slot 100% of the time is just foolish and something the defense can game plan for and bank on "Every. Single. Time".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    It's useless to discuss this if your mind is already made up. Being in the slot 100% of the time is just foolish and something the defense can game plan for and bank on "Every. Single. Time".
    Pretty sure teams have been gameplanning against Welker to be in the slot every single snap out of 3 wide for years.. I really don't see your point here, if you have a good player teams are gonna gameplan for him so when they do..you change his postion?? Lol
    Last edited by Mookskingdom; 04-08-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Pretty sure teams have been gameplanning against Welker to be in the slot every single 3 wide for years.. I really don't see your point here, if you have a good player teams are gonna ganeplan for him so when they do..you change his postion?? Lol
    Cruz's skill set is more diverse than Welker's. Cruz can play out wide, has better get off, can get deep and win jump contested balls. He's good in the slot but is very capable of playing out wide as well. The Giants would just be utilizing the strengths of their personnel to to mix and match their skillsets. It gives them flexibility. There's nothing wrong with the Giants being creative and not one dimensional in their scheme.

i guess last game of the season in garbage time really counts these days.. total upvote

Banned
    Cruz's skill set is more diverse than Welker's. Cruz can play out wide, has better get off, can get deep and win jump contested balls. He's good in the slot but is very capable of playing out wide as well. The Giants would just be utilizing the strengths of their personnel to to mix and match their skillsets. It gives them flexibility. There's nothing wrong with the Giants being creative and not one dimensional in their scheme.
    I don't see playing a guy at the position he's best at as one dimensional, yeah he's servicable out wide, yet he plays at a hall of famers level when he's inside and has a legit target on the outside to take some attention off of him.. so why not just do that?

I don't see playing a guy at the position he's best at as one dimensional, yeah he's servicable out wide, yet he plays at a hall of famers level when he's inside and has a legit target on the outside to take some attention off of him.. so why not just do that?
    It's been proven when Nicks was taken out of games, that Cruz has struggled. He started a lot of games last year in the slot and did "nothing". The Giants offense was somewhat figured out. Now with Nicks off the team, it can possibly get worse with all the attention on Cruz with and no one to draw away coverage.

Again, all I'm saying is, there's nothing wrong with the Giants trying things and getting creative with their personnel. Cruz will play his share of plays in the slot, but they also have another slot receiver who has shown flashes of making big plays himself. The more play makers on the field the better.

Pro-Bowl next year for JJ

Banned
    It's been proven when Nicks was taken out of games, that Cruz has struggled. He started a lot of games last year in the slot and did "nothing". The Giants offense was somewhat figured out. Now with Nicks off the team, it can possibly get worse with all the attention on Cruz with and no one to draw away coverage.

Again, all I'm saying is, there's nothing wrong with the Giants trying things and getting creative with their personnel. Cruz will play his share of plays in the slot, but they also have another slot receiver who has shown flashes of making big plays himself. The more play makers on the field the better.
    Alls I'm saying is we need to bring in another guy to play on the outside (Evans! Evans! Evans!) and not rely so heavily on JJ and RR since they havnt proven anything esp JJ

Quote Originally Posted by gmen43 View Post
    Rotoworld ranked the top #3 WR http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...eiver-rankings

JJ is ranked #3. Granted this is in terms of fantasy production, so it should be looked at from a FF context. However, the more I think about it, the more comfortable I'd be with an offense featuring a 3 WR set of Cruz, Randle, Jernigan + a stud PASS CATCHING rookie TE (Ebron, ASJ, Amaro) so that excludes fiedorowicz and possibly niklas.
    JJ has shown there is def something there in his game. It took time but an upside has blossomed.
    Lets see what happens. There is not enough yet to label him anything
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Alls I'm saying is we need to bring in another guy to play on the outside.
    Can't argue with that. I'm also all for them bringing in a big bodied, outside receiver who can stretch the field. Evans, Matthews, Adams, etc..