+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants Counting On TE Adrien Robinson To Do More In 2014

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Listen, any way you cut the dice, this guys been a bust. Maybe it changes, maybe it don't, but letting a Julius Thomas get by you , and take Adrien Robinson is a bad move. The guy showed nothing in 4yrs at Cincy to warrent being taken in the 4th. Nothing at all. I mean, what are you arguing here? That hes not a bust? That it was a fine pick? What?
    Its hilarious you mention julius thomas. you do realize he missed like the first 2-3 yrs of his career basically in large part due to injuries right? and that in his 3rd yr might even have been 4th, he broke out...and, in college, he played basketball as well as football but julius thomas iirc didnt amass much in college ball either...

you have to give the guy time and a legit shot to see if he has it or not. he hasnt had anywhere near a viable shot for anyone to view his play. we've seen this countlessly and repeatedly over the years...a guy gets his shot, and either makes good or doesnt. but getting the shot is the biggest aspec of it.

What are you talking about? So , in a thread about Adrien Robinson, I shoulden't be talking about Adrien Robinson? These are my opinions on the guy, and seems the perfect place to talk about em. If you don't want to here negative talk about Adrien Robinson, i'd probably stay off any thread with him mentioned, because the guys been a bust, has done nothing in his last 6yrs of playing football, and is probably not gonna do anything over the next 6..
    I am not going to defend Robinson, because he is undefendable. So far he hasn't earned his pick.

However, last year you defended Jerrel Jernigan after 2 years of nothing. The only difference is you liked that pick.

As I said above, I think Robinson is another guy that Mr Mara was referring to in his comment about not knowing what we have in our young players.

Much like JJ for his 1st couple years, Robinson has really been given no chance. There have been plenty of times in the last couple years where the game is out of hand, or the season is out of hand and we have an opportunity to play some young guys who we need to find out more about. Robinson is 1 of those guys. All reports from practice have indicated that Robinson is a good blocker. Well last year we needed a good end line blocker and I think we missed an opportunity to work him onto the field, even if just a few plays a game.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    Its hilarious you mention julius thomas. you do realize he missed like the first 2-3 yrs of his career basically in large part due to injuries right? and that in his 3rd yr might even have been 4th, he broke out...and, in college, he played basketball as well as football but julius thomas iirc didnt amass much in college ball either...

you have to give the guy time and a legit shot to see if he has it or not. he hasnt had anywhere near a viable shot for anyone to view his play. we've seen this countlessly and repeatedly over the years...a guy gets his shot, and either makes good or doesnt. but getting the shot is the biggest aspec of it.

The problem in today's NFL with guys like Thomas, and hopefully Robinson, is that they take three or four years to get going, and they develop market value and you have to break the bank on them or let them go in FA. You have to have a certain number of players who come out and learn most of their rookie season, and then give you three, or four more good years of production before they hit FA. Linval Joseph was that type of guy. You simply can't have a dozen project players on your roster anymore. IMO that has been Jerry Reese's big downfall in recent drafts. He takes on projects, and has no one to put on the field while they develop. Your draft picks need to play. Maybe not a lot their rookie year; but by year two they need to be contributing. And, it goes without saying that you need a coach who gets them expereince early and let's them contribute. If Robinson shows something this year, then really shines next year; guess what? You've got to pay the guy a ton of money to resign him.

What are you talking about? So , in a thread about Adrien Robinson, I shoulden't be talking about Adrien Robinson? These are my opinions on the guy, and seems the perfect place to talk about em. If you don't want to here negative talk about Adrien Robinson, i'd probably stay off any thread with him mentioned, because the guys been a bust, has done nothing in his last 6yrs of playing football, and is probably not gonna do anything over the next 6..
    The word "bust" is used far too liberally here. He obviously had a ton of athletic ability - thus dubbed the JPP of TEs. I can't believe we're complaining over a 4th round pick that hasn't stepped up yet.

He's not a bust yet.
    He just needs to get on the field, and stay on the field. His injuries have set him all the way back.

MUCH better.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    He's not a bust yet.
    He just needs to get on the field, and stay on the field. His injuries have set him all the way back.
    I dont think anyone was really counting on him much ever over the last few years. He is not a bust in my eyes because I was not expecting much to begin with. If he lives up to this 'potential' people created for him I would be thrilled. His measurements are sure freakish. He has been hurt and hasnt been able to play.

But similar to a comment I saw a few pages back on this thread, if our FO is really counting on this guy than I am a bit worried.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    no body knows what this kid can or cannot do. If he doesnt get healthy ad see significant time he will be a gonner. Like TT and AB. the Gianst want to limit their "calculated risk" type players. If heis injured in camp he will be cut IMO.
    I think the Giants need to stop drafting players based on athletic ability and concentrate on bringing in players based on their proven football talent, I'm getting tired of drafting projects for development and getting disappointed...
    Last edited by JesseJames; 04-13-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    AR will have a good year next year.
    I remember the same thing was said about Beckum too.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by WhereTrelAt View Post
    I dont think anyone was really counting on him much ever over the last few years. He is not a bust in my eyes because I was not expecting much to begin with. If he lives up to this 'potential' people created for him I would be thrilled. His measurements are sure freakish. He has been hurt and hasnt been able to play.

But similar to a comment I saw a few pages back on this thread, if our FO is really counting on this guy than I am a bit worried.
    Last few years?

He was drafted in 2012 and was benched his entire rookie year.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I think the Giants need to stop drafting players based on athletic ability and concentrate on bringing in players based on their proven football talent, I'm getting tired of drafting projects for development and getting disappointed...
    I think they are getting tired of it too....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread