+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    I'm gonna feel good out smarting all those cats We're taking Zach Martin in the first IMHO.
    Do you think he'll be the Giants' choice, the right choice, or both? Because I know if we were picking five slots down, we'd be praying that he'll still be available.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    Do you think he'll be the Giants' choice, the right choice, or both? Because I know if we were picking five slots down, we'd be praying that he'll still be available.
    Both. I just see him as a good fit tho 12 may be a tad high for him I think the difference between 12 and 17 is minimal if he's the right guy. He can play guard tackle or center. We have question marks at all 3 spots health wise. Beatty, Snee and Walton are no shoe in's health wise.

I'll tell you one thing, as far as slam-dunks in getting starting-quality talent, I don't think there's too many players who are as sure-thing as Martin. I like the idea, and would fully support the pick from the moment it's announced.

Imagine having two guys as versatile and capable as Pugh and Martin on the same line. . .really opens doors in my book.
    Last edited by RagTime Blue; 04-10-2014 at 12:49 PM.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    If by some miracle Evans falls to 12 then I'd want the Giants to take him. Otherwise, I'd go Ebron, Donald and Martin, in that order.
    I'd have no prob with any of those picks, but I just feel that we really need another receiving threat.

I no that no one will agree with me, but I also wouldn't be upset with a Safety at #12 to replace Rolle. I like Rolle, but his salary needs to go.

I'm gonna feel good out smarting all those cats We're taking Zach Martin in the first IMHO.
    That would not be good. If we want Martin, trade down to say 18 or 19 and grab him there.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    That would not be good. If we want Martin, trade down to say 18 or 19 and grab him there.
    cant go trading down targeting a specific player. the draft is too unpredictable to do that. you never know who would draft him before you or who could possibly trade up to get him before you.

only way you trade down is if you're not sold on anyone at where you're picking and you have a few choices of who you'd want later. a team should NEVER trade down targeting one specific player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TRUEBLUE View Post
    EBRON CANNOT BLOCK!

Donald is too SMALL! is a 3rd down rusher at best NOT A 4 DOWN tackle

& we have REUBEN HANDLE why do we need Evans"

....YOU DON'T PASS ON ONCE IN EVERY 5 OR TEN YEAR TALENT like TAYLOR LEWAN ...depending on where you draft in order ..YOU MAY NOT GET TO PICK someone with that raw talent again for 20 years

----------
    2014 Draft
    ----------

1. TAYLOR LEWAN - LEFT OUTSIDE GUARD

2. TROY NIKLAUS - OFFENSIVE END

3. EGO FURGERSON - DEFENSIVE NOSE TACKLE

4. CJ Fiedorowicz - OFFENSIVE END

5. AARON LYNCH -DEFENSIVE ENDS **( Aaron Lynch Defensive End kid reminds me of Justin Truck
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0mj...Av=N0mjLHLc0bA )

6. LOGAN THOMAS - QB

-----------

ny
    WE NEED A FOUR DOWN DEFENSIVE INSIDE GUARD. IF YOU CAN'T PLAY PUNT RETURN THEN GET OUT OF HERE YOU ARE NOT PART OF NY GIANTS FOOTBALL. THIS IS WHY DOONALD CAN'T BE THE PICK WITH LEFT OUTSIDE GUARDS STILL ON THE BOARD.

You heard it here first folks !
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I'd have no prob with any of those picks, but I just feel that we really need another receiving threat.

I no that no one will agree with me, but I also wouldn't be upset with a Safety at #12 to replace Rolle. I like Rolle, but his salary needs to go.
    Ebron would be that other receiving threat, if the Giants drafted him.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Giants draft a safety somewhere in the draft, but I'm not sure about the first round. But I do agree that something has to be done about Rolle's cap hit.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    this