+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    This attitude I don't get.
    We won 2 SB's with the attitude "you can never have enough pass rushers".....

Now we are going to abandon that? Barr would be a great choice for us.
    I'm all about adding pass rushers.. Do I think Barr is a great fit? No.. could it work? Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I'm all about adding pass rushers.. Do I think Barr is a great fit? No.. could it work? Sure
    We had no pass rush last season. I disagree that Barr should be pigeon holed as a 3-4 guy.
    His physicality is perfectly appropriate for a SAM in a 4-3 scheme. Plus, there is no way we have to line up as strictly a 4-3 defense all the time. . A little imagination would do well for us with Barr on this team.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    I don't think Smallwood is worth drafting

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    poo poo Barr..
    Poo poo you

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

i like Scott crichton much much better than Barr and you can get him in the 2nd round without reaching. Barr i think needs to go to a 3-4. Moore is a better version of barr...i hope Moore makes a huge impact this year. I'm all about trading back in the first

Trade back to 27 with the saints pick up a 2nd and 3rd (2015 4th round pick)

Although the first two picks could be reversed i picked against the bleacher report 7 round mock.

1st(27) Scott Crichton DE-Oregon State
    2nd(43)Xavier Fu'a-Silo G-UCLA
    2nd(58) Ra'Shede Hageman-DT Minnesota
    3rd(74) Jordan Matthews WR-Vanderbilt
    3rd(91) CJ Fierdowicz TE-Iowa
    4th(113) Storm Johnson RB- UCF
    5th(152)Bryan Stork C-FSU
    5th(174)Preston Brown ILB-Louisville
    6th(187)Prince Shembo-OLB

This attitude I don't get.
    We won 2 SB's with the attitude "you can never have enough pass rushers".....

Now we are going to abandon that? Barr would be a great choice for us.
    + infinity, I win

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

We had no pass rush last season. I disagree that Barr should be pigeon holed as a 3-4 guy.
    His physicality is perfectly appropriate for a SAM in a 4-3 scheme. Plus, there is no way we have to line up as strictly a 4-3 defense all the time. . A little imagination would do well for us with Barr on this team.
    Couldn't agree more, these athletic 3-4 guys make the switch time and time again with no issues. Barr has been on D for only 2 years, he's gonna be a monster in no time. His size is of no concern and prob why he runs a 4.44. He is tall enough and can easily pack on more muscle if needed. I'd love him in the 1st.

- Homer J. Simpson

Stop making sense Morehead you'll just confuse the children…..

Would probably be fine with Barr and Martin.

That said - I didn't think we used a 5 technique in our base 4-3 system. I always think the 5 technique is the DE in a base 3-4 front - can you clarify where you are thinking Barr lines up with the Giants? My issue with him is positional fit - I think he's best as a 3/4 outside rush LB.

SAM, just like Moorehead said if you read. With his athletic ability you could prob fit him in wherever, possible MIKE down the road, Beason turns 30 don't forget.

- Homer J. Simpson