+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Didnt see this posted already, Looks like the NJ rag is already questioning Eli

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    The writer is just trying to create controversy where there isn't any. And comparing JPP's back surgery to Eli's ankle surgery is ridiculous.
    Just read this and then tell us again if he is trying to create controversy:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ew-york-giants.
    Obviously, he is not he only one who questioned Eli's decline. Even the Giants organization is doing the same thing. However, some fans here are really in denial and they see things with too many colored glasses and not objectively.
    While I like Eli and I want him to do great, I questioned the same thing last year and the vitriol that came from some here was beyond imagination. There is nothing wrong with questioning the abilities of players as they get older no matter who the players are. The Giants organization should be looking for the eventual replacement of Eli and grab the opportunity if it presents itself. Perhaps that may be Nassib or another QB. As far as Nassib goes, unless Eli is really hurt, I am not sure we will see too much of him this year.
    The Giants right now are a big question mark and Eli is not the only one who needs to be questioned. Others must also perform: from an inexperienced OC to JPP and the rest of the players. We really would not know until this season begins and see what Eli can do under the new OC and with new players. However, there is no denying this: So far Reese has done what he needed to do in FA and I expect him to do well in the draft. Beyond that, it is out of his control and if the Giants do not improve, then we have to look elsewhere for the cause.

its april

he will be able to run and work it out in 6 weeks

by the 9th -10th week, he should be able to throw off of it comfortably.

its minor surgery.

unless he hurts himself, hes likely to be ready by week 1 in preseason and at full go

and if he does hurt himself, whether he got the surgery or not, SH** happens.

the guy could be 100% healthy by tomorrow and could still end up hurting himself. As long as he doesnt do anything stupid the first 7 weeks, he'll be fine.

its april, must be a slow month

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I agree with that. And I like the the players we targeted in terms of age. We just have to hope it doesn't take these guys a long time to get comfortable with one another.
    The guys on offense may have an edge since that system is changing enough to require everyone to learn a new system.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    its april

he will be able to run and work it out in 6 weeks

by the 9th -10th week, he should be able to throw off of it comfortably.

its minor surgery.

unless he hurts himself, hes likely to be ready by week 1 in preseason and at full go

and if he does hurt himself, whether he got the surgery or not, SH** happens.

the guy could be 100% healthy by tomorrow and could still end up hurting himself. As long as he doesnt do anything stupid the first 7 weeks, he'll be fine.

its april, must be a slow month
    While acknowledging my medical degree is still in the mail, I would think his ability to run in six weeks (estimated) would mean he could stand on and maybe even plant that foot earlier than that.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    While acknowledging my medical degree is still in the mail, I would think his ability to run in six weeks (estimated) would mean he could stand on and maybe even plant that foot earlier than that.
    its one thing to run on it north

sideways, aka east and west, a totally different thing

I tore my Achilles, had surgery, then tore my acl and have also re-injured my mcl and Achilles, requiring arthroscopic surgery for the latter.

he WILL NOT be able to throw off his feet with proper in game form, NO WAY, NO HOW

unless he heals at an insane rate, after his 4-6 weeks, there will still be discomfort in throwing. Id say, he would need 3-4 weeks more to get himself throwing with proper form and no discomfort.

And thats if he has minor surgery. As long as he doesnt mess up his rehab, my time table should be close, give or take a week.

I was also younger and more apt to recover, with less damage to that tendon prior to the tear. I believe ELI has had some damage in that tendon before and played though it. so its no uncommon to believe the time table could fit well

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    its one thing to run on it north

sideways, aka east and west, a totally different thing

I tore my Achilles, had surgery, then tore my acl and have also re-injured my mcl and Achilles, requiring arthroscopic surgery for the latter.

he WILL NOT be able to throw off his feet with proper in game form, NO WAY, NO HOW

unless he heals at an insane rate, after his 4-6 weeks, there will still be discomfort in throwing. Id say, he would need 3-4 weeks more to get himself throwing with proper form and no discomfort.

And thats if he has minor surgery. As long as he doesnt mess up his rehab, my time table should be close, give or take a week.

I was also younger and more apt to recover, with less damage to that tendon prior to the tear. I believe ELI has had some damage in that tendon before and played though it. so its no uncommon to believe the time table could fit well
    That settles it, trade him!

My medical degree is also pending, but if they are doing surgery that will make it possible for Eli to run at all, then this truly is an age of wonder.
    This space for rent

it was surgery for the high ankle sprain that didnt respond well to treatments. its minor. 6 weeks to run and throw. its not gonna take another month just to be able to throw it lol. its a 4-6 week type deal.

he didnt tear any ligament in the knee or nothing like that, if anything its more like a bone break. prob had to do with scar tissue and some sort of issue that delayed the rehab.

That settles it, trade him!
    trade the bum dag nabit

but Im one of those who doesnt care that it took until april. im actually making a case that, based on my rough time line, he'l be ready for full go in game 1 preseason

baring stupidity on elis part, which aint gon happen

ya dig?

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    My medical degree is also pending, but if they are doing surgery that will make it possible for Eli to run at all, then this truly is an age of wonder.
    haha

Coughlin using his Tablet

+ Reply to Thread