+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    Lol! why did we pick Nassib!
    I think the Giants sniffing around might have more to do with trying to find an upgraded from Painter. Nassib will most likely be on the team this season just depends if he is going to be the 2nd or 3rd string guy. Hopefully he steps up so the Giants only have to go with 2 qbs.

if it came down to Flynn or Freeman... I'll take neither

Starter
    All this extra qb attention is because Eli's contract is coming up to the end of his contract and if he doesn't make it to a level of play that currently warrents paying him manning money the gmen will move on. If he doesn't produce and limit the turn overs they offer him what they deem fair he probably turns it down to make more money elsewhere and the giants are left looking for a qb. They are well aware that eli can get them to 8-8 or 9-7 which is not enough for playoffs and not bad enough to draft the best qb so all this is insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Since his historic game with 6 TDs he has been slated as the starter for the Seahawks and the Raiders. He was outplayed in both scenarios. Flynn is a waste of time IMO.
    Nobody is saying Flynn is a pro bowler. But he's a much better option than Painter or Freeman. True, that's not saying much, but it is what it is. Flynn is the lesser of the 3 evils.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Since his historic game with 6 TDs he has been slated as the starter for the Seahawks and the Raiders. He was outplayed in both scenarios. Flynn is a waste of time IMO.
    yet, he played well last season when he started for green bay.

Such a strange scenario with Flynn. Nobody wants him but when he plays, he plays well.

Flynn over painter is an upgrade any day of the week. How one QB has a job while the other is unemployed is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    Nobody is saying Flynn is a pro bowler. But he's a much better option than Painter or Freeman. True, that's not saying much, but it is what it is. Flynn is the lesser of the 3 evils.
    dont see why he he is a better option that either one. IMo Freeman is head and shoulders above Painter or Flynn
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by glassgiant View Post
    All this extra qb attention is because Eli's contract is coming up to the end of his contract and if he doesn't make it to a level of play that currently warrents paying him manning money the gmen will move on. If he doesn't produce and limit the turn overs they offer him what they deem fair he probably turns it down to make more money elsewhere and the giants are left looking for a qb. They are well aware that eli can get them to 8-8 or 9-7 which is not enough for playoffs and not bad enough to draft the best qb so all this is insurance.
    This has nothing to do with Eli's contract situation.

dont see why he he is a better option that either one. IMo Freeman is head and shoulders above Painter or Flynn
    A few years ago I probably have agreed that Freeman was better than Flynn. But Freeman is just falling apart now. Maybe he'll bounce back, but who knows. But Flynn stepped in last season and kept the Packers afloat while Rodgers was hurt, which counts for something with me.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    A few years ago I probably have agreed that Freeman was better than Flynn. But Freeman is just falling apart now. Maybe he'll bounce back, but who knows. But Flynn stepped in last season and kept the Packers afloat while Rodgers was hurt, which counts for something with me.
    this is true and I forgot that Flynn did do pretty good while AArod was out
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch