+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plax's Mock Draft

Plax's Mock Draft

***TRADE 1.12 to CLE for 1.26 and 2.3***
    Round 1, pick 26: Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota - I think he is the second best DT in this class behind Donald, and Hageman has a ton of promise to be a very good defensive tackle in the league. He would form a very formidable DT group with Jenkins, Hankins, and Patterson. Hageman does not need to be a starter, so he can really benefit from the standpoint in that he can fine-tune his game while still getting exposure to playing in the NFL.

Round 2, pick 35: Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, TE, Washington - In the Kevin Gilbride scheme, the TE position was not really one that needed to be a big fixture of the offense and was always sort of an afterthought. The past five years we have been shuffling tight ends left and right and it is time to provide Eli with a TE that can be on the roster for multiple seasons. This is the perfect time to go big for the tight end position, and Austin Sefarian-Jenkins is one of the best TEs in this class.ASJ has good size, has the best combination of receiving and blocking in the draft, has pretty good speed for the position, It is of the assumption that the Ben McAdoo offense will feature the TE more, so ASJ makes even more sense in that regard. This kills two birds with one stone, as we pick up a guy at our weakest position and Eli gets another good target in the passing game.

Round 2, pick 43 Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech - I LOVE Attaochu's potential as a SAM linebacker in the NFL. The dude is just oozing with it and can wind up being our long-term solution at the position. Right now Jameel McClain seems to be the guy penciled into the spot, so as I said with Hageman, Attaochu would not need to be a full-time starter or come into a big role. He would be able to come in for a good amount of snaps while he fine-tunes his game. I also think Attaochu has the ability to play in many different spots on defense (including WILL linebacker), so his versatility will be welcomed.

Round 3, pick 74 Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina - We have really focused on the secondary in FA, and with good reason, but that should not stop us from building a potentially great defense. If we can build our defensive line back up to what it once was (or at least be close to it), then we can have one of the better defenses in the league. I think Martin would be a great pick-up in the 3rd round. Besides from the fact that he is most likely a BPA pick, he fills a need. I am not sure how Damontre Moore will turn out, but this pick of Martin gives the Giants a lot of options on the defensive line. With a DL group of JPP/Ayers/Moore/Martin/Kiwi/Hankins/Jenkins/Hageman/Patterson, the Giants have their front 4 set and have a great core moving forward (when Jenkins and Kiwi are eventually gone from the team).

Round 4, pick 113 Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU - Has very good hands and Eli can never have enough reliable targets. Landry will not blow the top off of the defense, he will not do any of that stuff. But he will do is catch the ball and move the chains. McAdoo wants to run an offense built around fundamentals, and Landry would be the target Eli needs in the short distance situations. And with Landry not entirely impressing in his offseason workouts, he can very well fall to this spot.

Round 5, pick 152 Bryan Stork, C, Florida State - I almost gave us Swanson to us in the 3rd, but I do not think the Giants will go and grab a center that early without knowing what happens with Walton first. With that said, however, the Giants need someone who shows potential and has the ability to step in if Walton does NOT work out. I think this is a pretty underrated center class, and Stork would be the kind of depth we need to fill out our offensive line (Pugh/Beatty/Jerry/Brown/Snee/Schwartz/Walton/Stork/possibly Brewer) group.

Round 5, pick 174 Terrance West, RB, Towson - Kind of like Landry, West won't blow anyone away with his skill-set, but he is the do-it-all kind of guy. He is a very well-put together kind of guy and a trio of Jennings/Wilson/West would be a good core to have moving forward.

Round 6, pick 191 Antone Exum, CB/S, Virginia Tech - I think Exum is an alright CB that projects much much better as a safety. Due to a very deep CB class, I think we get good value here with Exum. And with a lot of our secondary players set to be FAs at the end of the 2014 season, maybe Exum has a shot to crack into the rotation.

And projecting the Giants final 53:

Offense: 25
    QB: Eli Manning | Ryan Nassib
    RB: Rashad Jennings | David Wilson | Peyton Hillis | Terrance West
    FB: John Connor | Henry Hynoski
    WR: Victor Cruz | Rueben Randle | Jarvis Landry | Jerrel Jernigan | Mario Manningham | Trindon Holliday
    TE: Austin Sefarian-Jenkins | Kellen Davis | Adrien Robinson
    OT: Will Beatty | Justin Pugh | Charles Brown
    OG: Geoff Schwartz | Chris Snee | John Jerry
    C: JD Walton | Bryan Stork

Defense: 25
    DE: Jason Pierre-Paul | Robert Ayers | Kareem Martin | Damontre Moore | Mathias Kiwanuka
    DT: Cullen Jenkins | Johnathan Hankins | Ra'Shede Hageman | Mike Patterson
    OLB: Jameel McClain | Spencer Paysinger | Jeremiah Attaochu | Jacquian Williams
    ILB: Jon Beason | Mark Herzlich
    CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie | Prince Amukamara | Walter Thurmond | Trumaine McBride | Jayron Hosley
    S: Antrel Rolle | Will Hill | Stevie Brown | Quintin Demps | Antone Exum

Special Teams: 3
    K: Josh Brown
    P: Steve Weatherford
    LS: Zac DeOssie

Hageman is a nice trade back option.. My favorite pick is Kareem Martin.. my least is Landry, don't think he's the deep threat we need..

ASJ, Attaochu and Stork make a lot of sense

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Hageman is a nice trade back option.. My favorite pick is Kareem Martin.. my least is Landry, don't think he's the deep threat we need..

ASJ, Attaochu and Stork make a lot of sense
    I do not really think that we need a deep threat in the draft, per-say I am not the biggest fan of Landry, but the dude can catch the ball and that is what Eli needs. We have Randle who can take it deep at times. Manningham can spread the defense. Cruz can do it all. I think a possession WR would fit in nicely with the offense, especially with the whole "fundamentals" speech from McAdoo.

Not a single offensive lineman in the first three rounds? Are we forgetting how bad they were last year? The additions we have made in FA aren't anything special other than Schwartz. It needs addressing with a high pick imo.

Love the Hageman pick, I have him falling to us in the second round but granted he may not be there. I also have Stork in the 5th, I think that makes sense too.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam K View Post
    Not a single offensive lineman in the first three rounds? Are we forgetting how bad they were last year? The additions we have made in FA aren't anything special other than Schwartz. It needs addressing with a high pick imo.

Love the Hageman pick, I have him falling to us in the second round but granted he may not be there. I also have Stork in the 5th, I think that makes sense too.
    I really do not think OL is the big priority for the Giants heading into the draft. Our big problem last year was mainly depth, as when Baas and Snee went down, we struggled to put NFL-caliber players on the field. John Jerry has started many many games for the Dolphins so he has exposure there. Charles Brown started many games for the Saints last year, so again more exposure to 1st team defenses. We have Mosley and Brewer too who are waiting in the wings to get some rub.

Maybe I can see us going with someone like Cyril Richardson in the 3rd over Martin, but I do not see an OL being picked in the first two rounds of the draft.

Would be thrilled but would be even happier if instead of Hagemen I'd take Tuitt/Nix and instead of attaochu i'd take marcus martin or top C

Quote Originally Posted by gmen43 View Post
    Would be thrilled but would be even happier if instead of Hagemen I'd take Tuitt/Nix and instead of attaochu i'd take marcus martin or top C
    So would you have us not taking a LB in the draft or would you put Kiwanuka back at SAM LB?

Quote Originally Posted by Plaxicofan7 View Post
    I really do not think OL is the big priority for the Giants heading into the draft. Our big problem last year was mainly depth, as when Baas and Snee went down, we struggled to put NFL-caliber players on the field. John Jerry has started many many games for the Dolphins so he has exposure there. Charles Brown started many games for the Saints last year, so again more exposure to 1st team defenses. We have Mosley and Brewer too who are waiting in the wings to get some rub.

Maybe I can see us going with someone like Cyril Richardson in the 3rd over Martin, but I do not see an OL being picked in the first two rounds of the draft.
    The quality of the players on the line was as much of a problem as the depth. Jerry has a suspension hanging over his head and isn't much of a run blocker. Charles Brown was benched for playing so bad for the Saints and never got back in. They're no-where near sure things. And we saw a bit of Mosley and Brewer last season and they were both terrible. They had the chance to step up and showed nothing.

I like the trade back option. Hageman would be a nice addition and also love the speed attach ou brings to Sam. Also like adding Martin. Really Solid draft. And fills needs.

+ Reply to Thread