+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kiwi DE or LB

Kiwi DE or LB

Then again maybe he will play both spots as needed. Since the Ayres signing.

Has anything been mentioned about this? Yup Im bored.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

IF there were no injuries I think he sticks with DE this year. Ayers, JPP, Kiwi and Moore.

right now the depth at DE needs a capable body moreso than the depth at Sam OLB. I suspect he's going to be given another shot at DE this yr with the hope his less than stellar play last yr was just shaking the rust off...

He is needed at DE, now if that add a high round DE that may come into consideration; however, didn't they sign McClain to play the SAM?

I think he is a better LB than DE

that being said he is a bit of a liability in both spots

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post

Agree. People think he was moved to LB out of necessity, and while that was partly true, the other half of the equation is that he is a better LB than DE.

Quote Originally Posted by TooEasy2 View Post
    Agree. People think he was moved to LB out of necessity, and while that was partly true, the other half of the equation is that he is a better LB than DE.
    I think he only on this team right now out of necessity. He was awful last year.

I'd like to see Kiwi as a full time DE.. He didnt do much at LB

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post

has he had more recent success as a LB compared to as a DE? i could prob agree with that.

but is he a better player as a LB compared to as a DE? I dont know about that. in my humble opinion, he was an exceptionally talented DE when he was drafted out of college. And that he flashed that his first couple seasons even with those injuries. And it was because of that talent he flashed as a DE, that we moved him to LB to get him on the field, because at that time, we had 3 quality DE's ahead of him. And really, that issue has been there throughout his career because when we added JPP, we again had those 3 quality DE's ahead of him.

Remember, at first, it was pretty rocky with Kiwi as a LB in a role other than pass rushing. And, when Osi was lost that season (may have been Tuck), Kiwi was the starting DE until he himself went down.
    It's had been a while before Kiwi went back to more of a full time DE last year. He didnt have the success we hoped for, although he doesnt get enough credit for causing pressures when he was a DE this year, and even in years past. Like his 8 or whatever number it was sack season as the starting DE a few years ago, he led the team in pressures. My belief is last season, Kiwi was getting the rust off as a DE, and that we're going to see him attain more success with the more acclimated he gets as a DE again.

He was a very talented DE out of college. it is the reason imo we moved him in the first place, as a way to get him on the field. i hold out hope he can regain that potential he displayed at times as a DE.

We are starting to look like a 3-4 team IMO. If we drafted Jernigan and Shazier. We would have the personnel for it