+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: These Packers fans...

All-Pro

Re: These Packers fans...

[quote user="weeds123"][quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="weeds123"]I have. Without the benefit of a milking machine too. Can probably still hit a barn cat from 20 feet...I've shoveled a lot of manure also which prepares me for responding to your post. Be careful, junior, I'm not your run-of-the-mill huckleberry.
    [/quote]

Why do you guys wear Cheese on your head? It seems kind of silly to me.[/quote]

As gawd herself is my witness Troy, that is one spot-on question. The rationale behind the whole danged thing is that "Cheesehead" is a derisive term that F.I.B.'s use when referring to a Wisconsin resident. (An F.I.B. is a "F---in' Illinois Bas**rd). There isn't much love lost between the two states. We in Wisconsin however know that the only thing separating a Cheesehead from a d**khead, is ... the state line.

In any event, some guy in the southern part of the state devised this 'cheesehead' thing and made a small fortune doing so. More power to him, I love the free enterprise system -- after all, he's a "job creator". So, the damned things are heavy and when worn inside the stadium block lines of sight ... and mess up hair. The network cameras however eat that kitschy crap up ... and that's what hit the airwaves. Sorta like how they always manage to put the cameras on the scantily clad cheerleaders...

Yeah, I've never, nor will I EVER find the 'cheesehead' acceptable enough to wear ... even in the stadium. Has NOTHING to do with the game and therefore, I'm not interested -- I also believe that "cheerleaders" should not be allowed in an NFL stadium -- hell, they're actually professional dancers looking to be discovered... there's my rant.

You're up.
    [/quote]

Look Weeds, the bottom line is this.....
    15-2 is still a really good record. Something to be proud of..
    I am sure those boys from LSU are proud of that NCAA Best 13-1 Record and that SEC Title they won.

Next week when you are talking Draft Picks you can hang your Hat on the fact that you guys were the last team to be undefeated this season (just like LSU) and won your div title going Away (hey, like LSU again!!!) and clinched the best record and HomeField throughout the playoffs. Those are some great accomplishments and nothing to be ashamed of.

It happens...like (LSU beat Bama by 3pts during season) the Tigers the team already beat by 3points in regular season is just a bad matchup for you. Of all the teams to draw in your first game you get a bunch of guys hell bent are proving to the world that the first game was actually won by NY ( bad thing for LSU was Bama felt they won that first game as well) and will stop at nothing to show who the better team is this time around. (I think Bama proved its point, as matter of fact LSUs team is still stuck in NewOrleans. Someone painted a 50yard line in front of their Buses and they just can't seem to Cross it)

Would have been better if you met falcons, Lions or Saints...sorry. Look on the bright side. No matter who wins the SB they still won't have better record then 15-2.. And that is something to sing about round the camp fire, HEAR.....lol

Giants by 21 been saying it all week..
    38-17 NY
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

just win the game G-MEN TALK IS CHEAP!!!!

[quote user="Die-Hard"]Not for nothing, buuuuut......what did you expect to see when you went over to another teams' board? We're here on THIS board being excited and confident in the Giants, right? Aren't the Packers fans allowed to do the same on their boards? As defending SB Champs, having a home playoff game, and having a 15-1 record, I'd say they have every right to be a little overconfident.

Hypocrisy, fellas.
    [/quote]

I did not talk a word of smack, yet i STILL had people stirring the pot with me. It's ridiculous. When fans of another team come here and straight up talk football we treat them with respect.

They were complaining that we were posting there...what did THEY expect heading into tomorrows game?

I'm done posting over there I thought it would be cool to talk some football with some enlightened fans from the other side.... What I got was a bunch of whining Packers HOMERS!!! There was actually one guy that got insulted because someone talked smack about his Packers Stock purchase... LOL what a joke.

[quote user="NYgiants141"][quote user="Die-Hard"]Not for nothing, buuuuut......what did you expect to see when you went over to another teams' board? We're here on THIS board being excited and confident in the Giants, right? Aren't the Packers fans allowed to do the same on their boards? As defending SB Champs, having a home playoff game, and having a 15-1 record, I'd say they have every right to be a little overconfident.

Hypocrisy, fellas.
    [/quote]

I did not talk a word of smack, yet i STILL had people stirring the pot with me. It's ridiculous. When fans of another team come here and straight up talk football we treat them with respect.

They were complaining that we were posting there...what did THEY expect heading into tomorrows game?
    [/quote]

More or less. There's always a few who don't care what you said, you're a fan of another team and you may as well be a Nazi.

It's the same thing here.

I always hear about how classy and knowledgeable Packers fans are are, but in the end, they're just fans like the rest of us. They may be classy and knowledgeable, but when your team is the next opposing team on the schedule, throw all that out the window.

Same goes for any 'classy' fan base around the NFL.

Hey PACKERS do you know why no one in New York would buy stock in an NFL franchise the way the Packers have it set up??? Because its a SCAM!!!

[quote user="NYCDBS"]I'm done posting over there I thought it would be cool to talk some football with some enlightened fans from the other side.... What I got was a bunch of whining Packers HOMERS!!! There was actually one guy that got insulted because someone talked smack about his Packers Stock purchase... LOL what a joke.[/quote]

To be fair, there are probably a lot of bandwaggoners. Also, could you imagine if your team was 15-1 and at home, fresh off a superbowl win? They're healthier, and Aaron Rodgers will likely go down as the best QB in that franchise history. I can understand why they'd be overconfident.

I've seen a lot of confidence threads around this place, and there's nothing wrong with that. The Giants are playing good ball. But just because the Packers had the 1 bad game against the Chiefs, are they all the sudden supposed to be shaking in their boots about being in a slump?

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="NYCDBS"]I'm done posting over there I thought it would be cool to talk some football with some enlightened fans from the other side.... What I got was a bunch of whining Packers HOMERS!!! There was actually one guy that got insulted because someone talked smack about his Packers Stock purchase... LOL what a joke.[/quote]

To be fair, there are probably a lot of bandwaggoners. Also, could you imagine if your team was 15-1 and at home, fresh off a superbowl win? They're healthier, and Aaron Rodgers will likely go down as the best QB in that franchise history. I can understand why they'd be overconfident.

I've seen a lot of confidence threads around this place, and there's nothing wrong with that. The Giants are playing good ball. But just because the Packers had the 1 bad game against the Chiefs, are they all the sudden supposed to be shaking in their boots about being in a slump?

[/quote]

I have absolutely no problems with them being confident in their team. They absolutely should be they have more than earned the right, what I do take issue with is attacking fans from other teams when the slightest thought of them not being the greatest team of all tome cones to light. I suppose I've gotten used to the objectivity I experience on this board.

[quote user="RugDaniels"]Gurgle...gurgle...gurgle...gurgle...gurgle...gurgl e.... .[/quote]

You're dead on there stink finger ... pass the coke.

[quote user="NYCDBS"]Hey PACKERS do you know why no one in New York would buy stock in an NFL franchise the way the Packers have it set up??? Because its a SCAM!!![/quote]

We're building a stadium for our team. Like it or not ... makes no never mind to us. If you live in Jersey ... you did too...you just won't find out about it until they rip it down and dip into the public trough again. Congrats ... ) Bwahahahaha...

+ Reply to Thread