+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Draft

Bench Player

Re: 2012 Draft

So who will the Giants take in the first round? Like to get some opinions.

Veteran

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"][quote user="bLuereverie"]Tell me something good and objective about Burfict other than he can hit pretty hard and shed some blocks.[/quote]He's not a liability in coverage cause he takes good drops, Has great speed and agility to go with ideal size 6"2 245, Has no problem taking the vocal leader role, plays with great fire and makes good tackles, can make the "Wow" plays.

I honestly didn't like the kid alot until I rewatched some tape and though his tape this year wasn't as good as last year you have to admit some of the plays he made last year would be ridiculous to repeat again. As for his attitude. this is the New York Giants locker room, coaching staff, and players we're talking about. they can straighten him out.[/quote]

That's not the point though. Everyone knows that he's worth a 1st rounder based on potential, but his character concerns are VERY alarming. His coach, who coached Ray Lewis, benched him from a bowl game! He is going to be very hard to be tamed.[/quote]And Mario and Ahmad had problems that were illegal. I am a firm believer in the character system that Reese and Coughlin have built here and I am 100% sure that they could keep him in check without limiting his fire.[/quote]

What mario smoked weed?? Who doesn't lol Vontaze Burfict has character concerns and attitude problems on the field. He doesn't respect authority and he had this whole year to prove he learned from his mistakes last year. He was even worse than before so why would he change now??

Character issues are not a concern here. We're not asking him to come in and be the leader of the D...we need him to be a controlled chaos.

Veteran

[quote user="ShockeyShow"]Character issues are not a concern here. We're not asking him to come in and be the leader of the D...we need him to be a controlled chaos.[/quote]

They are absolutely a concern here. He doesn't respect his coaches or the officials. He had all year to prove to NFL teams that he has learned from his out of control play last year and he was worse than before.

I feel like these people who are so high on Burfict have not watched him play much.

He was not a good player this season at all. Id take him if it was 3rd round or later, but as a first or 2nd round pick? no way.

[quote user="ShockeyShow"]Character issues are not a concern here. We're not asking him to come in and be the leader of the D...we need him to be a controlled chaos.[/quote]

Who was the last player the giants drafted in the first round that had character issues coming out?

All-Pro

I have zero interest in Burfict.

I'm still not completely informed as to positional strengths coming out this year, and I'm very torn on what positions should be at the top of the list.

It's going to be a weird offseason

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="ShockeyShow"]Character issues are not a concern here. We're not asking him to come in and be the leader of the D...we need him to be a controlled chaos.[/quote]

They are absolutely a concern here. He doesn't respect his coaches or the officials. He had all year to prove to NFL teams that he has learned from his out of control play last year and he was worse than before.[/quote]

What I'm saying is that we've got plenty of players that would put him in his place the first time he tries to pull something. So no, HIS character issues aren't a concern to me in the slightest.

Still a bit naive. There are just some players no one can put in place let alone the quiet tempered leaders of the Giants defense.

anyone who thinks the Giants dont consider character in their 1st round picks, hasnt paid attention....ever.

+ Reply to Thread