+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Why the Freeman signing is actually bad...

Reports are that Nassib will be shopped. However, if guys like Kirk Cousins aren't even getting LOOKS, let alone offers, then why would anyone trade for a guy who hasn't even suited up yet?
    Anything other than a 4th rounder, and it's a complete waste, and cleeeearly that's not going to happen even if he is traded. From a development standpoint, unless they want light some sort of fire under Nassib's ***(which they probably are), this doesn't make any sense. And from a business standpoint, it CERTAINLY makes no sense. Wasted pick? Carrying 3 QBs on the roster?

Don't give Freeman false hope....let him give someone else headaches. This is the kind of player the Giants would typically "amicably part ways" with....not sign.

EDIT - My apologies...by "reports" I just meant to say that articles are suggesting that it could be a possibility with the signing of Freeman. NOW STOP ASKING ME =]
    Last edited by JPizzack; 04-17-2014 at 12:53 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Competition for jobs is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Competition for jobs is a good thing.
    I would agree in most every scenario, except that this puts the Giants in a situation where we have too many QBs. Painter is so incredibly bad, that he shouldn't even be given a shot at competing, "glorified clipboard holder" as one of our friends here put it. But this...? I can't get behind a guy like Freeman. Not after we haven't even played Nassib yet.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Kirk Cousins has looked fairly rubbish, so the lack of attention he's received isn't too surprising. Nassib is still largely an unknown, so who knows if anyone would be interested.

They are NOT shopping Nassib. No way. He has ZERO value right now. Now if they played him in weeks 16 and 17 last year, and he played well and showed promise, maybe he would be flipped. AS of right now though, he will be a Giant for at least 2014.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 04-17-2014 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I would agree in most every scenario, except that this puts the Giants in a situation where we have too many QBs. Painter is so incredibly bad, that he shouldn't even be given a shot at competing, "glorified clipboard holder" as one of our friends here put it. But this...? I can't get behind a guy like Freeman. Not after we haven't even played Nassib yet.
    It's the off-season... Painter doesn't even count towards the cap. I'm not sure what there is to be worried about.

shopping nassib would be like bailing on a stock when its low. Thats when you realize the loss. Nassib is an investment and neesds to be matured.
    He is going no where.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    shopping nassib would be like bailing on a stock when its low. Thats when you realize the loss. Nassib is an investment and neesds to be matured.
    He is going no where.
    This is what I'm saying basically. I rather keep him, and see what he can do.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

What are these "reports" regarding Nassib? Freeman signing is innocuous at worst. There's hardly a guarantee that even makes it through first round of cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Wtf are you talking about. Clipboard holders are just as important as franchise quarterbacks
    Close or you hit the bricks