+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: Why the Freeman signing is actually bad...

  1. #81
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,875
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I got it, should have added a smiley
    lol, I figured the all-caps "how dare you" and the fact that it was directed at Morehead was sufficient enough proof
    /smiley
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  2. #82
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    So I guess you actually can't say with any real authority or evidence why the Freeman signing is bad. But thanks for the thread anyway.
    Oh, right....i forgot that there's no such thing as opinion on these football forums.
    But thanks for your post anyway.

    In order to say ANYTHING with authority, guess I'd have to manage our team, now wouldn't I....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  3. #83
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    96,776
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    lol, I figured the all-caps "how dare you" and the fact that it was directed at Morehead was sufficient enough proof
    /smiley
    All that and a bag of chips
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  4. #84
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,084
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Oh, right....i forgot that there's no such thing as opinion on these football forums.
    But thanks for your post anyway.

    In order to say ANYTHING with authority, guess I'd have to manage our team, now wouldn't I....
    We should show this post to Rudy as a demonstration of genuine "SASS".
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Oh, right....i forgot that there's no such thing as opinion on these football forums.
    But thanks for your post anyway.

    In order to say ANYTHING with authority, guess I'd have to manage our team, now wouldn't I....
    No thanks, I think we'll stick with they folks currently managing the team. Let me rephrase. In my opinion, you have failed to explain why, in your opinion, signing Fereeman was a bad idea, except for citing an article rife with rampant speculation....in my opinion...

  6. #86
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    We should show this post to Rudy as a demonstration of genuine "SASS".
    You get me...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  7. #87
    Veteran JJC7301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,908
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    he should get more than one more year. He's a 4th round QB. he can have 3 or 4 untill we draft/sign something better.
    You're right, and what I really meant is that to give up on him after one year (his rookie year) is just insane. He was too highly though of to not get more time. He should be getting at least one more year, but yes -- more years if necessary.

    They wanted to develop him, then take the time to develop the guy. They invested not only a 4th round pick in him, but a later pick as well in order to move up to get him. I don't want Nassib going anywhere just yet.

  8. #88
    The Freeman pick-up is an invite to camp nothing more. None of these guys are automatically on the team. Painter is probably history already, and won't survive the first couple of cuts if Eli is healthy. If Freeman shows the form he had in Tampa when he had a fantastic season, then you've got a really good back-up. If Freeman's developed some critical flaw that can't be fixed, all you've got to do is cut him. I think in either Freeman situation, Nassib is going to be given at least one more year to develop. It might be another three QB year, and I don't have a problem with that like some guys do. Eli's getting older, and being three deep at QB isn't a bad thing.

  9. #89
    All-Pro BigBlueBoricua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Worth, Florida
    Posts
    5,151
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    You're right, and what I really meant is that to give up on him after one year (his rookie year) is just insane. He was too highly though of to not get more time. He should be getting at least one more year, but yes -- more years if necessary.

    They wanted to develop him, then take the time to develop the guy. They invested not only a 4th round pick in him, but a later pick as well in order to move up to get him. I don't want Nassib going anywhere just yet.
    This !
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts