+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    This artlicle outlined the situ, plus added a part about how Nassib is a more complete QB than the QBs in this draft, and how he was 1st round talent (Guess we wouldnt really know yet)

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...an_nassib.html
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Wtf are you talking about. Clipboard holders are just as important as franchise quarterbacks
    YEEEAAAAAA Sharick!!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    shopping nassib would be like bailing on a stock when its low. Thats when you realize the loss. Nassib is an investment and neesds to be matured.
    He is going no where.
    I agree. Nassib isn't going anywhere.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    What are these "reports" regarding Nassib? Freeman signing is innocuous at worst. There's hardly a guarantee that even makes it through first round of cuts.
    speculation more than report.....and i hope you are right, regardless
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I would agree in most every scenario, except that this puts the Giants in a situation where we have too many QBs. Painter is so incredibly bad, that he shouldn't even be given a shot at competing, "glorified clipboard holder" as one of our friends here put it. But this...? I can't get behind a guy like Freeman. Not after we haven't even played Nassib yet.
    I don't know what we gave Freeman, but I'd imagine we're not on the hook for any real money. Freeman is probably an upgrade over Painter. We need arms for camp and the preseason, especially since this year we have an extra game. I don't think it's a good signing, but I also don't think it's a bad one. It's just a meh signing.

Veteran
    shopping nassib would be like bailing on a stock when its low. Thats when you realize the loss. Nassib is an investment and neesds to be matured.
    He is going no where.
    Great analogy.

I can't see Nassib going anywhere yet. I mean, what team would be dumb enough to trade for Nassib after seeing the Giants trade up to get him last year, and then never him play?

The Freeman signing may be a bigger threat to Painter's position with the team (hopefully) than a signal that the Giants are looking to dangle Nassib out there.
    One of these teams is not like the others

They would not have brought Freeman in, had Eli not needed surgery. Remember not so long ago when we didn't have enough QBs for OTAs and training camp? He's here for OTAs to throw the balls that Eli will not be throwing. And he's here for competition. It forces Nassib to step up his game. Nassib doesn't get a free ride this year. He needs to earn a roster spot by showing enough improvement to stay.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

I never got the Nassib pick -- just thought he threw everything hard with little touch and didn't like how he threw the deep ball.

He also looked a bit short to me.

I'm actually rooting for Freeman to bounce back (play well in the spring / make the roster and become the #2 QB). I'd also be ok with the Giants getting a 4th in this draft for Nassib -- it's not the 3rd we used on him last year but I'd take Freeman & a 4th over Freeman & Nassib.

For those questioning Freeman's skill level - I just don't get it. Read in an article this AM that in Freemans 2nd, 3rd and 4th years -- he threw 3 less TDs than Eli -- but had 10 less Ints and +700 more yards passing. Freeman is no chump -- just have to hope his head is on straight.

I mean what if they get into the new offensive system and it fits Freeman perfectly -- don't forget he's also avg. +4.5yards per carry in his career for a big 6'6" QB he can move pretty well.

He is going no where.
    yupp, and Freeman is signed to a 1 year deal where we could cut him and not suffer a loss. It's not like we signed Freeman to be our long term backup. We gave him a 1 year deal to see if he can show anything. He looks like crap we dump him, no harm. he looks good we keep him for a year with Nassib still or even trade him if teams are interested.

the only issue i see is the possibility of carrying 3 QBs on the roster again. but even if we do that, that means Nassib isnt ready and we'd be carrying either Painter again who is God awful if we didnt sign Freeman