+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 89
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    This artlicle outlined the situ, plus added a part about how Nassib is a more complete QB than the QBs in this draft, and how he was 1st round talent (Guess we wouldnt really know yet)

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...an_nassib.html
    this isnt a report saying the Giants are shopping him. it's a writer saying maybe the Giants should consider it if we could get a 3rd or 4th for him. i dont see where wed get a bad pick or how were actually shopping him anywhere

  2. #22
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    59,043
    we dont really know how he is developing, maybe he isnt that good , or maybe its coughlin that just hasnt worked him in. We really don't know exactly whats going on and why he hasnt suited up. we do know painter stinks and Eli may miss some minicamp time

  3. #23
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,508
    Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    this isnt a report saying the Giants are shopping him. it's a writer saying maybe the Giants should consider it if we could get a 3rd or 4th for him. i dont see where wed get a bad pick or how were actually shopping him anywhere
    youre right, that's why before posting that article, i said it was my fault for woding it that way, and it was speculation....

    to address your second point, we wouldnt get what we spent for him, that you should know.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  4. #24
    Freeman signing was totally meant to push Painter at #2 not sure why everyone links it to Nassib per se.

    Clearly they don't see Nassib ready as a viable #2 yet for better or worse - whether he ever matures into that or a starter we'll see but bottom line he wasn't going to be that this year.

    Think about it - would they ever keep BOTH Freeman and Painter?
    "Release the Kraken!"

    - Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

  5. #25
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    we dont really know how he is developing, maybe he isnt that good , or maybe its coughlin that just hasnt worked him in. We really don't know exactly whats going on and why he hasnt suited up. we do know painter stinks and Eli may miss some minicamp time
    I hope it's just that we haven't worked him enough yet to know.

    PS - your sig is basically just a highlight of (Ross? cant tell) getting burned by V-Jax lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  6. #26
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,508
    Quote Originally Posted by DaKraken View Post
    Think about it - would they ever keep BOTH Freeman and Painter?
    They wouldn't I hope. Once ink was on paper they should have pink-slipped Painter lol.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  7. #27
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    59,043
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    PS - your sig is basically just a highlight of (Ross? cant tell) getting burned by V-Jax lol lol.
    its freeman throwing off his backfoot with pressure up the middle in his face .

  8. #28
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Original Member since 04-04-04
    Posts
    8,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    its freeman throwing off his backfoot with pressure up the middle in his face .
    AH, yes, the Eli specialty. :-)
    Eli's 5 interceptions?
    #BlameRandle

  9. #29
    Veteran sethm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    They would not have brought Freeman in, had Eli not needed surgery. Remember not so long ago when we didn't have enough QBs for OTAs and training camp? He's here for OTAs to throw the balls that Eli will not be throwing. And he's here for competition. It forces Nassib to step up his game. Nassib doesn't get a free ride this year. He needs to earn a roster spot by showing enough improvement to stay.
    Exactly!! Nassib is getting a wake-up call. I am not buying at all that the Giants are trying to trade him. His value, if there is any, will be 2-3 years down the road. To put it mildly if the morons who subscribe to the fact that Eli is in decline are right Nassibs value could become increased significantly.

  10. #30
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    59,043
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    AH, yes, the Eli specialty. :-)
    haha yeah and he may be a good fit because he is more mobile and can escape some pressure , you might find the oline looks better with a faster QB.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts