+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Source: Snee Likely To Participate In "Bulk" Of Offseason Program

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...ntry-1.1760227

Excerpt: "Longtime Giants guard Chris Snee isn't completely healthy just yet, but he's close, and all signs point to him seeing considerable action in Big Blue's offseason program.

Giants OTAs begin next week, and a source said that Snee, who had hip surgery last season and had an elbow surgery earlier this offseason, will be in attendance. There's still no timeline for when Snee will be 100%, but he's expected to be on the field for the "bulk of" the offseason program, the source said. The Giants offseason program begins with strength training and drills next week; the on-field portion of things kicks off in late May.

Snee missed most of last season with a torn left hip labrum which required surgery, and that came just months after he'd had surgery on his right hip. But the rehab from this hip surgery was "easier," the source said, and it hasn't been an issue for the 32-year-old lineman for several months. Snee's elbow has come around as well, and he's now moving "pretty aggressively." Read more...

Excerpt: "WALTER THURMOND ON DRC

Don't assume that Prince Amukamara and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie are the Giants' top two corners just yet, because Walter Thurmond, the other key free agent signing in the secondary, hasn't had his say just yet.

Thurmond, speaking in SiriusXM Radio on Wednesday, said he was signed to "play the nickel position," bt he added that his mentality is to "really just compete on the outside." DRC was the Giants' big signing, but Thurmond would like a shot to start.

"They brought me in to come in, play the nickel position and really just compete for some playing time on the outside," he said, "and that's my mentality. Really, going to make the decision tough for them to see who's out there. Whether it be myself, DRC, or Prince. That's all I know is to be a competitor.

"I'm just a competitor by nature,"" he added. "I'm going to continue to carry that mentality and it's not going to change as we go into camp."
    Still, Thurmond is likely to wind up as the Giants' slot corner, the role in which he thrived as a member of the Legion of Boom Seattle Seahawks secondary last season. He's comfortable in that role, too, and he added that it's an important role." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

"There is no timeline for when Snee will be 100%" .................but...............:"Snee is likely to participate in the bulk of off season workouts."

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I like the part about Walter Thurmond however.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    "There is no timeline for when Snee will be 100%" .................but...............:"Snee is likely to participate in the bulk of off season workouts."

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I like the part about Walter Thurmond however.
    I used to wonder about proof reading but maybe it's proof thinking they need to work on
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Don't assume that Prince Amukamara and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie are the Giants' top two corners just yet, because Walter Thurmond, the other key free agent signing in the secondary, hasn't had his say just yet.

Thurmond, speaking in SiriusXM Radio on Wednesday, said he was signed to "play the nickel position," bt he added that his mentality is to "really just compete on the outside." DRC was the Giants' big signing, but Thurmond would like a shot to start.
    I won't be surprised if Thurmond and DRC are the starting CB's. Last time I said that I got attacked by Prince lovers who are blind to the 1st round draft tag. In a nut shell, Prince has given up a very high completion percentage and dropped catchable INT's.

I really want to see Prince take his game to a another level. Maybe Thurmond's competition will help and push him in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I really want to see Prince take his game to a another level. Maybe Thurmond's competition will help and push him in that direction.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    I won't be surprised if Thurmond and DRC are the starting CB's. Last time I said that I got attacked by Prince lovers. In a nut shell, Prince has given up a very high completion percentage and dropped catchable INT's.
    Prince has only given up 2 TD's in each of the last two season's though. That's a very good stat.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I used to wonder about proof reading but maybe it's proof thinking they need to work on
    I'm just a frustrated english teacher at heart and I offer no apologies for that.

Go Rangers!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I'm just a frustrated english teacher at heart and I offer no apologies for that.

Go Rangers!!
    No apologies required. I have trouble with the new languages we're being assaulted with now-a-days

thurmond has the game to start on most teams. but most teams dont have a tandem of prince and drc as their top corners. both can lay stake to the claim they are each the #1 corner as well. really thurmond would be the #1 corner on many teams imho.

really, part of the thurmond signing has to be a safeguard in case of injury to either prince or drc (knock on wood). and really, u cant get a better option. esp for how cheap we got him too...