+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Well, I've heard that Freeman isn't always very professional. So maybe we should use the term "pro Freeman," it may cause confusion.

Can we rename this thread, "Only here can we have a positive and negative Freeman thread on the same page." ?

Thanks.
    Do not feed the trolls.

I don't care who we sign as a backup. Hopefully I'll never see them take a snap, other than preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by gfanblue View Post
    This is better than any reality tv show
    These kind of things tend to happen on messages boards.
    Close or you hit the bricks

I'm Pro Freeman --- thinks he's the Giants most talented back-up since Kurt Warner.

Now will he be a good back-up ---- not so sure.

But with Freeman if Eli is injured I'm more than comfortable having a still young guy with his arm talent, size and experience ready to step in until Eli is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Pro-Freeman..
    +1. The signing made sense to me. Previously, if Eli were injured for a big part of the season, you'd just write the season off. With Freeman, we actually have a QB who's had a good year or two. And who will be learning under a 2x SB MVP and our new OC who was Rodgers's QB coach. It's a GREAT environment for Freeman.

I have no desire to jettison Nassib, but Freeman makes perfectly good sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    I don't care who we sign as a backup. Hopefully I'll never see them take a snap, other than preseason.
    well a gm's job is not to hope and pray we dont need him, his job is to cover his butt in case we do. if we miss 3 years in a row no one wants to hear oh well the qb went down. Fans want to at least have some kind of chance.

Coughlin using his Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    It matters because the guy is in the meeting room with Eli and the offensive staff while they are putting together a game plan. It matters because he is the guy on the sideline as a second set of eyes for Eli between series. It matters because he is probably running the scout team and has to emulate the opposing QB. The backup QB is very important supporting cast member. I actually think that Carr did a good job in this role. He seemed like he had the brain to play QB but Houston ruined him. Flynn would have been the best choice at this point but he wanted to be in GB.

I prefer the Giants go back to their championship ways and carry only two QBs to keep a deeper active roster.

I've read that Freeman was signed by the Giants but his name does not appear on the roster

Quote Originally Posted by gfanblue View Post
    This is better than any reality tv show
    A hundred moves and back up QB signings later, they still haven't found a back up as good as Carr was.
    Back ups mean nothing to me anyway because if anything long term happens to Eli with the group of back ups we have now, the season will be over.....period!
    Eli will be the second Manning that Painter couldn't successfully fill in for.
    Last edited by bigblue58; 04-18-2014 at 05:38 PM.

people trash Freeman for having a bad season or 2 when his team fell apart on him but are willing to overlook the past 2 seasons that Eli has given us, you can't have it both ways guys...