+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    i have to agree
    We now have a option with Freeman as the back up QB. We could've used him last year.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    It matters because the guy is in the meeting room with Eli and the offensive staff while they are putting together a game plan. It matters because he is the guy on the sideline as a second set of eyes for Eli between series. It matters because he is probably running the scout team and has to emulate the opposing QB. The backup QB is very important supporting cast member. I actually think that Carr did a good job in this role. He seemed like he had the brain to play QB but Houston ruined him. Flynn would have been the best choice at this point but he wanted to be in GB.

I prefer the Giants go back to their championship ways and carry only two QBs to keep a deeper active roster.
    Wasn't looking for an update of what a backup QB does for a living. I realize all of that. My point is simple, I never want to see our backup QB have to play.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    people trash Freeman for having a bad season or 2 when his team fell apart on him but are willing to overlook the past 2 seasons that Eli has given us, you can't have it both ways guys...
    Yeah I'm willing to overlook Eli's 2 down years because he delivered the SB trophy twice in the last 5 years and I know the reasons for those down years had little to do with his skills as a QB!!!
    Josh Freeman hasn't done anything to earn any benefit of the doubt.
    Last edited by bigblue58; 04-21-2014 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aufidius View Post
    We now have a option with Freeman as the back up QB. We could've used him last year.
    The Vikings could've done without him last year

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    So according to you....the guy who has had 2 bad seasons and produced nothing should get more of a pass than the guy who has 2 SB rings in the last 5 years? How does that make any sense??
    Eli's 2 down years can be directly linked to his aging OL, anemic running game and being out of synch with the two receivers who skipped all the off season programs.
    Who's had 2 SB's in the last 5 years?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Yeah I'm willing to overlook Eli's 2 down years because he delivered the SB trophy twice in the last 5 years and I know the reasons for those down years had little to do with his skills as a QB!!!
    Josh Freeman hasn't done anything to earn any benefit of the doubt.
    sorry bro...Eli has sucked right along with the rest of the OL or WRs. His performance was certainly effected but to say it had "little" to do with it is just being blind. Eli's poor play compouned the poor performace of the entire offense.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch