+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks it automatic but just like with any other move, its a game of odds, we do have a drill sargent of a head coach and a stable, respectable organization so if he can be helped, were one of a few teams who might be able to
    I work with horses, if they don't want to drink, you can lead them all day long.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    Bring in Smith and McClain, right?
    You can't let it go can you? Lol sad, but yes if Coughlin and Rees in company think they can manage them after talking with each (and think McClain can still be effective) than I would absolutely love Smith and like McClain as a backup/ST signing

That's my opinion dude deal with it.

Were not gonna find someone out there that's half as talented as smith, and idk if we have a 100% success rate but we've gotten a lot out of players who've come here with "baggage" in recent years, if the giants brought him in for a visit I'm sure they can make a good judgement call on wheather they think they can help him or not
    Who, rationally speaking, says "bomb" to a TSA agent and then aggravates law enforcement when he's confronted? The guy make POOR DECISIONS, sometimes there is no cure for stupid
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I work with horses, if they don't want to drink, you can lead them all day long.
    Read each of my last 2 posts, were not the judge nor the jury for the giants, if Reese and Coughlin had a sit down with him and thought they can manage to keep him in line, I for one have confidence in their judgement, its paid off before as many like to forget and/or ignore

Were not gonna find someone out there that's half as talented as smith, and idk if we have a 100% success rate but we've gotten a lot out of players who've come here with "baggage" in recent years, if the giants brought him in for a visit I'm sure they can make a good judgement call on wheather they think they can help him or not
    Everybody has baggage. It just depends on what baggage is worth dealing with and what isn't. The Niners know firsthand what baggage Smith has and despite his talent they decided he wasn't worth the trouble anymore.

If Smith looked like he was cleaning himself up and getting back on track I wouldn't have a problem with the Giants bringing him in, but he's not showing any signs that he's getting his act together or even trying to. The Niners realized that and are cutting their losses.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Read each of my last 2 posts, were not the judge nor the jury for the giants, if Reese and Coughlin had a sit down with him and thought they can manage to keep him in line, I for one have confidence in their judgement, its paid off before as many like to forget and/or ignore
    Of course we're not the judge or jury, so what makes your decision any more right than any else's. Everyone has, and is entitled to, their opinion. Personally, I think he's had more than enough trouble to question his ability to focus on football.

Should they decide to bring him on the roster, that's what they do, no problem. Right now were hypothesizing and I don't recall them taking this much of a chance in recent memory. Maybe Will Hill, and we lost him for how many games?

Banned
    I just wanna know what harm would it bring? Its pretty obvious at this point any contract he gets is going to be completeh risk based, if he ****s up we cut him with little to no penalty, its a low risk, high high HIGH reward situation.. if tom and jerry were to give it their ok, consider me siked

Banned
    Of course we're not the judge or jury, so what makes your decision any more right than any else's. Everyone has, and is entitled to, their opinion. Personally, I think he's had more than enough trouble to question his ability to focus on football.

Should they decide to bring him on the roster, that's what they do, no problem. Right now were hypothesizing and I don't recall them taking this much of a chance in recent memory. Maybe Will Hill, and we lost him for how many games?
    But I'm not saying they should or shouldnt do anything, I'm saying I trust our organization to make the right call, if we did sign him would all the people saying dont sign him be pissed off? And don't forget Bradshaw, Manningham and I know I'm forgetting a couple

I just wanna know what harm would it bring? Its pretty obvious at this point any contract he gets is going to be completeh risk based, if he ****s up we cut him with little to no penalty, its a low risk, high high HIGH reward situation.. if tom and jerry were to give it their ok, consider me siked
    Say we sign him, he gets into trouble, he gets suspended, and we cut him. What have we gained? Now we have to find someone eating potato chips on his couch to fill that roster spot.

All actions have consequences and sometimes the calculated risk isn't worth it.

Banned
    Say we sign him, he gets into trouble, he gets suspended, and we cut him. What have we gained? Now we have to find someone eating potato chips on his couch to fill that roster spot.

All actions have consequences and sometimes the calculated risk isn't worth it.
    That seems like a very low risk to me as it still wouldnt gut any of our recources (cap) and we wouldn't necessarily need to sign someone "off the couch" we could call someone up from the practice squad or sign someone who was just cut from another team, we cut about what 40 players before the season starts anyway? Or were you laying out a scenario where he gets in more trouble at some random point during the regular season? And to answer your question in that case we gain nothing but we also lost very little, we bet a dollar on a chance to win a million, ill take that bet every time no matter how unlikely I am to win