+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    But I'm not saying they should or shouldnt do anything, I'm saying I trust our organization to make the right call, if we did sign him would all the people saying dont sign him be pissed off? And don't forget Bradshaw, Manningham and I know I'm forgetting a couple
    I trust them as well. But if I were asked on the weekly Saturday morning call I get from Jerry, I'd vote no.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I don't think anyone thinks it automatic but just like with any other move, its a game of odds, we do have a drill sargent of a head coach and a stable, respectable organization so if he can be helped, were one of a few teams who might be able to
    Correlation does not equal causation.
    Just because Tom Coughlin is an old school guy doesn't mean he can help Aldon. Just because We are a respected organization doesn't mean we can help Aldon.

Until he finds a way to clean up his messes, I want no part of him here, or anybody like him.
    I thought we had something special!!!

But I'm not saying they should or shouldnt do anything, I'm saying I trust our organization to make the right call, if we did sign him would all the people saying dont sign him be pissed off? And don't forget Bradshaw, Manningham and I know I'm forgetting a couple
    I'd be ticked because I would be waiting for the other shoe to drop with Smith and the N.Y. tabloids to have a field day dragging the Giants through the mud when he got arrested again.

And you can't use Bradshaw and Manningham as comparisons to Smith. Neither one of them had a rap sheet like Smith's.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Correlation does not equal causation.
    Just because Tom Coughlin is an old school guy doesn't mean he can help Aldon. Just because We are a respected organization doesn't mean we can help Aldon.

Until he finds a way to clean up his messes, I want no part of him here, or anybody like him.
    So, when he proposes, that's a no?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    I'd be ticked because I would be waiting for the other shoe to drop with Smith and the N.Y. tabloids to have a field day dragging the Giants through the mud when he got arrested again.

And you can't use Bradshaw and Manningham as comparisons to Smith. Neither one of them had a rap sheet like Smith's.
    I honestly don't even remember what they did I just remember legal issues and character concerns being the reason they each fell so far in their drafts and we were able to steal them

The proud and UNDEFEATED defender of Eli Manning

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    So, when he proposes, that's a no?
    Victor wouldn't be too pleased if I said yes.

I honestly don't even remember what they did I just remember legal issues and character concerns being the reason they each fell so far in their drafts and we were able to steal them
    Yeah, but that's much different than continually breaking the law.

Bradshaw and Manningham never got in any trouble during the season. Or even the off season.
    Bad comparison.

Victor wouldn't be too pleased if I said yes.
    You can juggle them both. After all, Victor gave you a van, this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I trust them as well. But if I were asked on the weekly Saturday morning call I get from Jerry, I'd vote no.
    If Reese said he liked what he heard in their interveiw with him, I'd vote yes yes yes! Like I said its like betting a dollar with a long shot to win a million, if I were a GM this is exactly the kinda gamble I'd love to make

Yeah, but that's much different than continually breaking the law.

Bradshaw and Manningham never got in any trouble during the season. Or even the off season.
    Bad comparison.
    Not with us, their troubles were in college, they cleaned themselves up once they got here