+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Ryan Nassib Is The Future

Best Case Scenario:

When Eli Manning retires Ryan Nassib takes over plays great and leads us to a Superbowl victory, like Aaron Rodgers did after Brett Favre left. Its possible although I see Eli Manning playing at least 4 or 5 seasons with the Giants. Also what if Eli Manning has another bad season, what do the Giants do? Its something to think about. And actually Ryan Nassib would still be a young QB assuming Eli Manning stays for 4 or 5 more seasons.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

It's possible Nassib will be a free agent long before Eli is done being our starter.

Eli could have two more seasons like last season, and he'd still be our starter. His job is not in jeopardy at all.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    It's possible Nassib will be a free agent long before Eli is done being our starter.

Eli could have two more seasons like last season, and he'd still be our starter. His job is not in jeopardy at all.
    If Eli has two more seasons like last season, there may well be an accelerated search for his replacement.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I believe that if Eli starts next season the way he played last season and we start losing games because of it I would not be surprised at all to see him get benched in favor of whichever backup has looked the best....

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If Eli has two more seasons like last season, there may well be an accelerated search for his replacement.
    If Eli has an upcoming season like his last, they will expedite their search for a replacement. He is going to throw a ton of picks. That's a given. He just better have more tds and wins.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
    Best Case Scenario:

When Eli Manning retires Ryan Nassib takes over plays great and leads us to a Superbowl victory, like Aaron Rodgers did after Brett Favre left. Its possible although I see Eli Manning playing at least 4 or 5 seasons with the Giants. Also what if Eli Manning has another bad season, what do the Giants do? Its something to think about. And actually Ryan Nassib would still be a young QB assuming Eli Manning stays for 4 or 5 more seasons.
    It's a little early to annoint Nassib as the future of the franchise when we don't even know if he can actually play at an NFL level yet. My guess is 2014 will answer some questions about Eli and Nassib's futures with the Giants. But I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants draft another QB in 2015, either as a potential replacement for Eli, assuming he doesn't bounce back, or a replacement for Nassib if he doesn't inspire confidence in the Giants with his pre-season play.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    If Eli has an upcoming season like his last, they will expedite their search for a replacement. He is going to throw a ton of picks. That's a given. He just better have more tds and wins.
    Yup. He needs to stop turning the ball over at such a high rate.
    If he honestly threw just one pick a game, I would be so happy. Averaging 2 a game is ridiculous. Not all of them are his fault but still.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Yup. He needs to stop turning the ball over at such a high rate.
    If he honestly threw just one pick a game, I would be so happy. Averaging 2 a game is ridiculous. Not all of them are his fault but still.
    I won't get into the "who's to blame for Eli's picks" debate because that topic is played out. He is a risk taker and the mistakes will come at a high rate regardless. I am more concerned about the tds. I would be very happy with about 2 of those per game because that means we will be winning a lot of games.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    I won't get into the "who's to blame for Eli's picks" debate because that topic is played out. He is a risk taker and the mistakes will come at a high rate regardless. I am more concerned about the tds. I would be very happy with about 2 of those per game because that means we will be winning a lot of games.
    I know lol I was just saying.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

I've been trying to figure out who out there right now is comparable to Eli statistically. The using Td/Int ratio, and career completon percentage the closest player to him seems to be Kyle Orton, and actually Orton is the better of the two statistically.

http://www.footballdb.com/leaders/ac...ing-tdintratio

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...erc_active.htm

Ortons YPG seems to be about the same too factoring in the attempts and number of games.

Eli has played really well at times; but his overall statistics are really not very impressive. I'm not all that optimistic that he's going to return to really good form in 2014. He seems to be a streak player, and last year he really didn't have many good games. I appreciate the two streaks he put together that ended up with SB titles; but the defense played incredible football during those runs too. Year in and Year out, Eli is an incredibly average QB. Statistically, he's not even average, he's below average. The Eli groupies will hate it; but, this team has to be ready to move on from Eli, perhaps sooner rather than later. Nassib and Freeman will be waiting in the wings this year, and if Eli falters, at some point Coughlin may have no choice but to pull him and give someone else a chance. We can hope that the new system helps him return to better form. Sometimes change is the best thing for a player in a funk like Eli has been for a while now.