+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Victor Cruz, One Year Later

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He wouldn't necessarily know that about the folks here, and you might recall a lot of folks saying he's going to sign and disappear. It's less about the who than the need for some to just find the negative in everything. He was routinely called a diva, and worse.

But TC was not happy and that's understandable. When asked about Nicks and Cruz missing time he said they needed to be there. He's the coach, that's how he's supposed to react
    I never worried. Cruz isnt a diva. Sure he is trying to build his "brand". but he wont sacrafice his on the field play for it. He isnt that kind of personality. If you cant see that, there is something wrong. He is the closest thing to a sure bet we have on this team.

Reminds me of Larry Fitz in that respect. Humble, hard working, WR.
    NFL Fantasy Football Lineup:

QB - Michael Vick
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Ray Rice
    WR- Josh Gordon
    WR- Justin Blackmon
    TE - Aaron Hernandez
    RB/WR- Le'Veon Bell
    K - Matt Prater
    D/ST - 49ers

Owner - Jim Irsay
    GM - ??????

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I never worried. Cruz isnt a diva. Sure he is trying to build his "brand". but he wont sacrafice his on the field play for it. He isnt that kind of personality. If you cant see that, there is something wrong. He is the closest thing to a sure bet we have on this team.
    I agree with you then and now but there were any number of members who took issue with Victor being a diva, trying to bankrupt the team, etc.....
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    Everybody knows the offense was terrible. But Nicks was the only one on the offense being accused of not being reliable/quitting on the team and that wasn't just coming from the media. And when you're a player in a contract year and you're not producing and your effort/work ethic is being called into question that's not a good sign. Especially when your head coach calls you out, the team makes no effort to re-sign you and your hometown team, the Panthers, that needed WRs shoves you in the direction of another team.

If Nicks had given the effort in 2013 that we had seen him give in previous years the Giants most likely would have made him an offer to stay and/or he would have gotten offered more than a one-year prove it deal from the Colts. I wish Nicks well, but he dug his own grave with the Giants and with his value on the open market.
    I think a lot of people want to jump all over Nicks but I believe he really was playing hurt, and did have a pretty good year yardage wise and making key grabs......at over 16 YPC he led the team. Did he have bad body language, yes sometimes, but if you rated players on body language Eli would be bagging groceries

He will be missed.......you heard the same BS about Osi and Osi was truly missed.......for most of the season the opposing QB was virtually untouched

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Pretty good article with a couple of soft spots.

They reference him mentoring Jernigan when he came back. How does the writer know this and are we to extrapolate that he wasn't mentoring Jernigan before signing the big contract.

The second silly part was where the writer uses throwaway words to describe Cruz after the contract signing. The writer says that "he came back to the team and worked even harder." How exactly does one measure that? And again by extrapolation can we conclude that he could have worked harder before the contract.

I hate to beat these guys up especially with a pretty well written article like this. I think they can make their points and keep it interesting without using tired throwaway phrases which sound like something important but really convey nothing objective.
    Those aren't "throwaway words" they're 2 hackneyed phrases combined to create a hackneyed sentence. Hope that helped.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I think a lot of people want to jump all over Nicks but I believe he really was playing hurt, and did have a pretty good year yardage wise and making key grabs......at over 16 YPC he led the team. Did he have bad body language, yes sometimes, but if you rated players on body language Eli would be bagging groceries

He will be missed.......you heard the same BS about Osi and Osi was truly missed.......for most of the season the opposing QB was virtually untouched
    Nicks played hurt in 2012 and nobody questioned his effort. And it's doubtful that the Giants would've given Nicks the bum's rush just because of 'body language'. And it's also doubtful that 'body language' kept teams from offering Nicks anything more than a one-year prove it deal.

Bottom line, the Giants were ready to move on from Nicks and Osi, which is why both are gone.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Bottomer Line- We have discarded enough good players now to rival the Cowboys for World's most mediocre football team

The Giants moving on is nice but to where????

+ Reply to Thread