+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ESPN, yuck...yea not a bad article. It's true though...Silver lining I suppose, though it's hard to see the positives in general.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Interesting observations, professor.
    Professor Professorson
    Oderint Dum Metuant

take the article for what it is and dont disect it. Cruz didnt throw in the towel last season and he is one of the bright spots on the offense.
    Its a positive article. No more....no less.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

"For example, Cruz was a liability as a downfield blocker in his first two seasons in the league but a vastly improved one in 2013. He went to his coaches in training camp and told them he wanted to improve that critical and often overlooked aspect, and he did it, earning praise from the coaching staff and teammates behind the scenes. "

that in enough should say all people need to hear about Cruz. He saw the weakness in his game and did what he could to improve it, even a job most WRs dont like to do. Anyone that hates on Cruz is reaching because there's honestly not much to dislike about the type of player and person he is

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    take the article for what it is and dont disect it. Cruz didnt throw in the towel last season and he is one of the bright spots on the offense.
    Its a positive article. No more....no less.
    i agree here too. people spend too much time trying to find things they dislike about articles instead of taking what the message of the article actually was

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Pretty good article with a couple of soft spots.

They reference him mentoring Jernigan when he came back. How does the writer know this and are we to extrapolate that he wasn't mentoring Jernigan before signing the big contract.

The second silly part was where the writer uses throwaway words to describe Cruz after the contract signing. The writer says that "he came back to the team and worked even harder." How exactly does one measure that? And again by extrapolation can we conclude that he could have worked harder before the contract.

I hate to beat these guys up especially with a pretty well written article like this. I think they can make their points and keep it interesting without using tired throwaway phrases which sound like something important but really convey nothing objective.
    Even if it's a well written article from a good source, I still only believe 50% of whatever public info I read. You make excellent points +1
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    Even if it's a well written article from a good source, I still only believe 50% of whatever public info I read. You make excellent points +1
    The overrideing point was on the mark. Cruz did hold out, took some heat, then signed and continued to play hard for us when others around the league might have reacted differently to the big pay day. It does conirm that we have the right kind of guy in Cruz.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    The overrideing point was on the mark. Cruz did hold out, took some heat, then signed and continued to play hard for us when others around the league might have reacted differently to the big pay day. It does confirm that we have the right kind of guy in Cruz.
    I'll take that
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Cruz is the only guy on offense you dont have to worry about... Maybe add Pugh into that as well, we will see after this season if Pugh keeps increasing his play. He was very consistant though.

But it happened to Cruz, as everyone from Tom Coughlin right on down to the fan base made it clear they were upset with Cruz for not attending non-mandatory practices
    Thats a straight out lie. I, along with many others on here, were fine with him holding out of voluntary workouts while negotiating a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Cruz is the only guy on offense you dont have to worry about... Maybe add Pugh into that as well, we will see after this season if Pugh keeps increasing his play. He was very consistant though.

Thats a straight out lie. I, along with many others on here, were fine with him holding out of voluntary workouts while negotiating a contract.
    He wouldn't necessarily know that about the folks here, and you might recall a lot of folks saying he's going to sign and disappear. It's less about the who than the need for some to just find the negative in everything. He was routinely called a diva, and worse.

But TC was not happy and that's understandable. When asked about Nicks and Cruz missing time he said they needed to be there. He's the coach, that's how he's supposed to react
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-21-2014 at 01:12 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1