+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    The overrideing point was on the mark. Cruz did hold out, took some heat, then signed and continued to play hard for us when others around the league might have reacted differently to the big pay day. It does conirm that we have the right kind of guy in Cruz.
    I didn't really consider it as a holdout by Cruz. He was a restricted free agent and he and the Giants were trying to hammer out a new deal. If I remember correctly he could've gone to the voluntary workouts before the deal was done, but he would have had to sign a waiver in case he got injured or something along those lines.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    I didn't really consider it as a holdout by Cruz. He was a restricted free agent and he and the Giants were trying to hammer out a new deal. If I remember correctly he could've gone to the voluntary workouts before the deal was done, but he would have had to sign a waiver in case he got injured or something along those lines.
    He wasn't under contract so it wasn't a "hold out" and he would not have been protected had he participated and been injured.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He wouldn't necessarily know that about the folks here, and you might recall a lot of folks saying he's going to sign and disappear. It's less about the who than the need for some to just find the negative in everything. He was routinely called a diva, and worse.

But TC was not happy and that's understandable. When asked about Nicks and Cruz missing time he said they needed to be there. He's the coach, that's how he's supposed to react
    No one should miss anything this season after last seasons debacle, voluntary or not, including Cruz, especially with learning a new offense.

CRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZ, CRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZ, CCCRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZ !!!!!!
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Nice article.
    Meh not really. Nothing we didnt already know.

Veteran
    I have one problem with this article as well as many fans that think alike.

"Yes, I am well aware he didn't catch a touchdown pass after September. But he was playing in an offense that was, in the words of the team's owner, broken. The line couldn't protect the quarterback; the quarterback couldn't stop throwing it to the other team; the running game didn't exist;"

If Cruz can get this excuse…why couldn't Nicks? is 4 TD's that big of a determining factor? I don't know man that just seems bias to me.

" I open boxes, its what I do."

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FishinTheSalt View Post
    No one should miss anything this season after last seasons debacle, voluntary or not, including Cruz, especially with learning a new offense.
    Cruz is there and he's been working out independently since Valentine's Day, as he does every season
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post

"Yes, I am well aware he didn't catch a touchdown pass after September. But he was playing in an offense that was, in the words of the team's owner, broken."

If Cruz can get this excuse…why couldn't Nicks? is 4 TD's that big of a determining factor? I don't know man that just seems bias to me.

Nicks' effort was called into question,

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post

"Yes, I am well aware he didn't catch a touchdown pass after September. But he was playing in an offense that was, in the words of the team's owner, broken. The line couldn't protect the quarterback; the quarterback couldn't stop throwing it to the other team; the running game didn't exist;"

you left out the very next line though:

The line couldn't protect the quarterback; the quarterback couldn't stop throwing it to the other team; the running game didn't exist; and the top outside receiver didn't want to play. Once defenses realized Hakeem Nicks no longer cared about trying to get open, they double-teamed Cruz and took the Giants' passing offense's one remaining threat out of the game.

thats what he was talking about

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Nicks' effort was called into question,
    I hear you Roa, I just saw something different when I reviewed the coaches tape. I mean barring the TD's his yards and YAC was up there with a guy that was struggling in a bad offense as opposed to a guy just quitting on the team; imho

- "there were a couple of potential TD's that were poorly thrown his way, if you have the time look at the first 8:00mins of the Vikings game, that one was glaring, I can note others just gotta go over some notes on my other comp."

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg