+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We need to be perfect tomorrow...

on both side of the ball. Throw momentum out the window. These are still the Green Bay Packers we are playing. Although, we are healthy so are the Packers. Their D gets a boost as well with the return of Bishop and Hawk and their OL will be better with the return of Clifton. So looking forward to what Perry and the Def will dial up to try and slow down AR and the rest of the offense!!

GO BLUE!!!

Re: We need to be perfect tomorrow...

[quote user="BklynBlue"]on both side of the ball. Throw momentum out the window. These are still the Green Bay Packers we are playing. Although, we are healthy so are the Packers. Their D gets a boost as well with the return of Bishop and Hawk and their OL will be better with the return of Clifton. So looking forward to what Perry and the Def will dial up to try and slow down AR and the rest of the offense!! GO BLUE!!![/quote]

agreed....the Pack can be less then perfect and still win.

The Giants not so much. The Packers are a better offensive team and with as many yards as the Packers D has let up as a group they have let up less points then the Giants D has.

I truly believe the Giants can hang with them and win but it will take an all out effort for 60 minutes with very few or no mistakes at all.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I am not sure what perfect means but if it means coming out and playing like Crazed Dogs for 60 minutes then I agree.

[quote user="BklynBlue"]on both side of the ball. Throw momentum out the window. These are still the Green Bay Packers we are playing. Although, we are healthy so are the Packers. Their D gets a boost as well with the return of Bishop and Hawk and their OL will be better with the return of Clifton. So looking forward to what Perry and the Def will dial up to try and slow down AR and the rest of the offense!!

GO BLUE!!![/quote]

I was thinking the same of the Packers because the Giants are not the a-typical 9-7 team, you know? I hate to see it, but as I play this game out in my mind, I see a flippin' track meet of 'pitch and catch' - the proverbial smoking scoreboard.

One of my favorite McCarthy quotes from last year's run came after the Packers lost to the Patriots when Rodgers sat out with his concussion ... after the game, McCarthy said, "Hey, we're nobody's underdog." Similarly, the Giants are also nobody's underdog. That is one good team and this game can swing either way, as I said in a different post, depending on who has the ball last. I don't feel that the Packers are vastly superior to ANY team remaining -- and most certainly not the Giants. Furthermore, the winner of this game will advance to the Super Bowl.

[quote user="BklynBlue"]on both side of the ball. Throw momentum out the window. These are still the Green Bay Packers we are playing. Although, we are healthy so are the Packers. Their D gets a boost as well with the return of Bishop and Hawk and their OL will be better with the return of Clifton. So looking forward to what Perry and the Def will dial up to try and slow down AR and the rest of the offense!!

GO BLUE!!![/quote]
    We will be. On Offense, Defense and Special Teams!!!

It will all add up to a 21 Point Victory for the GMen....

38-17 Giants
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="miked1958"]

It will all add up to a 21 Point Victory for the GMen....

38-17 Giants[/quote]

Give it up, Mike. It's ok to keep posting that if you REALLY don't believe that. If you said 38-37 or, conversely, 18-17 ... you'd be in the ballpark ... as it sits, that prediction just makes people want to point at you and laugh. []

Starter

GB is very concerned today.They need to play the perfect game tomorrow and they need the help of the ref's.We are going into their camp and will beat the defending champs.Go Big Blue Go GGGGGGMen

All-Pro

I'll take the same game they played last time. Only this time they have Manningham and Bradshaw. Also, they have a healthy Tuck, Boley, and KP. With those guys and no bad TD calls they can win.

If the Giants can get physical on the LOS with the GB recievers, and not let AR run to extend the play, the "D" will get the job done...NYG 31 GB 27

Bench Player

Not only did Clifton not play the last time, our starting Right Guard (Sitton) was also out. The Giants will be facing the Packers original starting five offensive lineman. They haven't been together since Week 3. The sack numbers drop in half when they're in. I don't get the sense that the New York media understands that. They look at the last game and just mentally ADD Osi, and think, "Wow, we're going to be in Rodgers' face all day." They never seem to mention we were without two of our starting linemen.

The entire game comes down to whether the offensive line allows Rodgers time. If they do, it will be a field day, because the Giants secondary is not good.

Also, these posts predicting the Giants are going to keep the Packers under 30 points are pretty funny. They're averaging 40 a game at home.