+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4/23 mock

4/23 mock

Rnd 1: Anthony Barr- DE/OLB UCLA- dude is a freak athelete, and leader on defense, and can play multiple positions a la Kiwi. most people say he is a 3/4 olb, but i think he is really a great fit for us and can be utilized in multiple looks including our new version of NASCAR. imagine JPP, Jenkins/Ayers, Moore, and Barr all rushing at the same time. who do you block?!

Rnd 2: Austin Safarian-Jenkins- TE Washington- Big frame, good pass catcher, and solid blocker. as talented as any TE in this draft in my opinion. Was highly considered a top 15 Pick before the season started. In my opinion the most well rounded TE in the draft.

Rnd 3: Allen Robinson- WR Penn St.- A 6'3 200 lb junior who ran his forty in 4.5. Probably could have used another year, but another large frame with great hands. Caught over 20 touchdowns the last two seasons and had 97 catches this year from a freshman qb...guy is a matchup problem, and would be a nice compliment on the outside. I am not personally sold on JJ or Manningham.

Rnd 4: Terrance West- RB Towson- Im not sure how familiar the board is with this guy, but he is a beast. A serious DI talent at a small school. 5'11 220+. He ran for 2400+ yards and 40 tds...THIS SEASON. a plus player in pass protection...Also a tough cutback runner...I think he could be utilized on specials as well ( has a linebackers frame).

Rnd 5a: Seantrel Henderson- OT Miami- I know, I know. he left his pro day early, hes a head case, blah blah. Two things you cant teach in the NFL...Size and Ability. Henderson has both at 6'7" 330. One of the top 10 players coming out of his class in high school. I think with two picks in the 5th round, you have to take a flier on this guy. there is just too much ability. If he is successful, we can either kick Pugh inside to play RG or center, move beatty to RT or just have flexibility to cut him with bookends of henderson and pugh. Lots of options.

Rnd 5b: Jay Bromley- DT Syracuse- At 6'3 305... A very versatile player. Lined up all across the line in multiple positions both tackle and end. Had 14 TFL and 10 sacks this past season. very quick burst off the line. would be a good player to fit in the mold of cullen jenkins...who better to learn from? I think he fits better at tackle, and would start in the rotation there...

Rnd 7: Vinnie Sunseri- S- Alabama- this is a bit of a reach as he could go earlier, but as is basically on on-field coach. tore his ACL last year but had a crazy fast recovery time and in fact ran a 4.5 40 post surgery. really good instincts, and could be a really good special teams player.

Target UDFA's:
    Jerome Smith RB Cuse
    James Stone- C Tennessee
    Aaron Lynch- DE USF

Thoughts?

giants have a history of drafting 3-4 LBs taht dont fit in our 4-3 hpfly they dont make that mistake with barr

Quote Originally Posted by qndarius3 View Post
    Rnd 1: Anthony Barr- DE/OLB UCLA- dude is a freak athelete, and leader on defense, and can play multiple positions a la Kiwi. most people say he is a 3/4 olb, but i think he is really a great fit for us and can be utilized in multiple looks including our new version of NASCAR. imagine JPP, Jenkins/Ayers, Moore, and Barr all rushing at the same time. who do you block?!

Rnd 2: Austin Safarian-Jenkins- TE Washington- Big frame, good pass catcher, and solid blocker. as talented as any TE in this draft in my opinion. Was highly considered a top 15 Pick before the season started. In my opinion the most well rounded TE in the draft.

Rnd 3: Allen Robinson- WR Penn St.- A 6'3 200 lb junior who ran his forty in 4.5. Probably could have used another year, but another large frame with great hands. Caught over 20 touchdowns the last two seasons and had 97 catches this year from a freshman qb...guy is a matchup problem, and would be a nice compliment on the outside. I am not personally sold on JJ or Manningham.

Rnd 4: Terrance West- RB Towson- Im not sure how familiar the board is with this guy, but he is a beast. A serious DI talent at a small school. 5'11 220+. He ran for 2400+ yards and 40 tds...THIS SEASON. a plus player in pass protection...Also a tough cutback runner...I think he could be utilized on specials as well ( has a linebackers frame).

Rnd 5a: Seantrel Henderson- OT Miami- I know, I know. he left his pro day early, hes a head case, blah blah. Two things you cant teach in the NFL...Size and Ability. Henderson has both at 6'7" 330. One of the top 10 players coming out of his class in high school. I think with two picks in the 5th round, you have to take a flier on this guy. there is just too much ability. If he is successful, we can either kick Pugh inside to play RG or center, move beatty to RT or just have flexibility to cut him with bookends of henderson and pugh. Lots of options.

Rnd 5b: Jay Bromley- DT Syracuse- At 6'3 305... A very versatile player. Lined up all across the line in multiple positions both tackle and end. Had 14 TFL and 10 sacks this past season. very quick burst off the line. would be a good player to fit in the mold of cullen jenkins...who better to learn from? I think he fits better at tackle, and would start in the rotation there...

Rnd 7: Vinnie Sunseri- S- Alabama- this is a bit of a reach as he could go earlier, but as is basically on on-field coach. tore his ACL last year but had a crazy fast recovery time and in fact ran a 4.5 40 post surgery. really good instincts, and could be a really good special teams player.

Target UDFA's:
    Jerome Smith RB Cuse
    James Stone- C Tennessee
    Aaron Lynch- DE USF

Thoughts?
    Anthony Barr isn't my top choice but he can rush the passer and has a lot of talent

ASJ is a really nice TE option in the 2nd. I would be very happy with him if we don't get Ebron round 1

Allen Robinson... If he fell to the 3rd and we picked him I would be extremely happy. Great value... Might be a bit of a stretch having him there but it's a crazy deep WR class so who knows

Big West fan I kind of stopped talking about him after the Jennings signing but he is a bowling ball. He is a very tough runner. I watched him vs Eastern Illinois and it was unreal. His stats were just stupid lol

Henderson in the 5th is a low risk potential high reward type situation. Could turn out to be a bust or a major steal.

I like Bromley. He would be a nice rotational DT early on. He can get to the QB which is awesome!

We don't have a 7th... it's a 6th but Sunseri would be nice. He is a playmaker. I have him on my sleeper team

All around solid mock man. A lot of good talent

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Love it.

Henderson is a headcase but at 5, it's worth it. Love the Vinnie Sunseri pick at 7 as well. Great special teams player either way with an extremely high football IQ (his father is a long time coach)
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)