+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sportzfan 3wks away from Draft Mock.

The picture gets ever so clearer as the days pass now. Still, the last few wks, prospects do tend to shoot up and down draft charts every yr, bringing with it, possible change in your mock drafts. A example is Weston Richburg, who some now say, could go in the 1st rd. He started the yr as a 7th rd prospect, and seemed to settle into that 2nd-3rd range, and now, boom, after proday and scouts seeing him up close often, his stocks risen to possible 1st rder. Injuries and new or found out old off field issue sometimes come to light as draft nears, and also late in FA'cy pickups could play a part in your mock changing.

Anyhow, heres my latest Mock Draft for the Gmen

1). Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh- Makes to much sense, and has great positional value and overall value for the Giants. 3tech with top notch pass rush ability is huge need for Giants.

2). Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU- I love this kids style of play, as he lays it all out there every snap. He might not be ideal fit in a base 4/3, but his great instincts help him, even in pass coverege, and I think with more coaching, could even get alittle better in coverege, plus he'd be a help as a pass rusher. He made a impression at Sr Bowl with his ability to close in the pass game and deflect away passes. Seen him compared recently to Chad Greenway.. Van Noy will get 1st rd production in the pros, I believe.

3). DaVante Adams WR Fresno St.- I just love this kid. He reminds me of a poor mans Andre Johnson, because of his size and build, as well as his hand eye corrdination and ability to track a football.. Like Johnson, I think Adams is gonna be able to beat you many ways, going deep, over the middle, short to intermediete, 3rd down and redzone target..etc Adams has deceptive speed as well and can certainly beat you deep.

4). Will Clarke DE W.Virginia- Been a fave of mine for awhile. Like Kareem Martin, hes a bigger DE, but both can also get to the passer. Clarke good at using that length to get his arms up to disrupt passing lanes, and has enough athletic ability to go with his size, to consistently get in the backfield..

5). Jerick McKinnon RB Ga.Southern- A dynamic athlete who had success as a running QB while at Ga.Southern, as well as RB, and even picked off a couple passes playing alittle CB. McKinnon has a 2nd gear and can runaway from defenders. He'd make for a nice change of pace weapon at RB.

5). Xavier Grimble TE USC- A fairly athletic TE, whos got some upside, and was underutilized in USC"s attack, Grimble is tough after the catch, and can make the tough catch with defenders around him, and hes solid run blocker, who has a chizzeled frame.

6). Gabe Ikard C Oklahoma- Very good football IQ, who has expierence at both G spots as well as C, and gets off the ball quickly, and is solid blocking on the move, and has a nice stout frame. A good looking sleeper who could come in and challenge for the starting job..
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 04-17-2014 at 02:24 AM.

My personal up to date giants big board

1). Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2). Jake Mathews OT Tex A&M(if he somehow makes it to us, i'd have a tough time passing him up.)
    3). Mike Evans WR Tex A&M
    4). Eric Ebron TE Unc
    5). Kony Ealy DE Mizzo

First off I would like to point out that you didn't make it to the final days before the draft before posting another mock my friend lol! I probably won't be able to wait until draft week to put out another either

With that being said... Donald in the first... wouldn't expect anything less from you. I love the pick as you know

Van Noy in the 2nd is interesting. First watching him I thought he was kind of a 3-4 guy but I think he could play strongside LB in a 4-3 no problem. He can get to the passer, stop the run, and is surprisingly good in coverage. Really nice motor as well. I like it

Adams in the 3rd... I am sure you are aware that I love this guy's game. He is really a Andre Johnson / Demaryius Thomas type of WR. He might not have ELITE speed but he can win jump balls, make you miss, and break tackles. He has great hands and had crazy production in 2 years. In the 3rd I think that would be an excellent pick.

Will Clarke in the 4th is solid. DE is still a position that could use some depth. He is a huge DE and could get a lot of swats. He isn't the best pass rusher but is far from bad in that category. He can still get to the QB. Solid vs the run as well. Reminds me of a poor mans Chandler Jones

McKinnon is interesting in the 5th. Really a OW who could be used in a lot of different ways... I still can't believe that Ga. Southern BEAT Florida without completing a SINGLE pass.... that is just insane to me. Definitely wouldn't be a bad late round RB option, especially if Wilson doesn't get cleared.

Xavier Grimble in the 5th could be a steal. He was not used that greatest at USC. I think he could surprise some people. I would really like to get a TE in the first 3 rounds though but Grimble could be a steal in the 5th honestly

Gabe Ikard is solid. Like the TE position I would like to get one earlier but Ikard would be a nice get late in the draft. Versatile guy which is a plus as well.

Overall I really like the mock. I would prefer TE or Center at least one of them in the first 3 rounds but with the talent that you selected in those rounds it is hard to complain. Good stuff

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

nice mock , I would love this result . I'm not sure Devante Adams will make it to the third. He seems more of a late first or 2nd round prospect. Lots of teams need receivers . I could see him going to the panthers or another needy teams who gets him high 2nd or late 1st. Van Noy is top talent for the 2nd round. We have a late 2nd round pick and i am thinking someone will snatch him up. I love Clarke and Ikard but the TE and RB im not so sure about.

My computer crapped the bed a wk or so ago, and I was without access untill yesterday, so I was excited to be back online, is why I did a Mock alittle earlier then I said, I would.lol Plus, like I said, things change alot the closer a draft gets.

Thanks for the words Strick, appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
    nice mock , I would love this result . I'm not sure Devante Adams will make it to the third. He seems more of a late first or 2nd round prospect. Lots of teams need receivers . I could see him going to the panthers or another needy teams who gets him high 2nd or late 1st. Van Noy is top talent for the 2nd round. We have a late 2nd round pick and i am thinking someone will snatch him up. I love Clarke and Ikard but the TE and RB im not so sure about.
    We don't have a late 2nd rd pick, its only like 12picks in or so. Adams very well could be gone, your right on about that, but it'll be close, with so many good WR's in this yrs class. I also like Clarke and Ikard alot..

Adams is my fave WR in this draft. I think there's a better chance of him being taken in the 1dt than there is him being around in the 3rd.

I'm lovin it. I had to go look up an old one of my mocks because it seemed similar (http://boards.giants.com/showthread....ight=born+blue). If you scroll to the third reply you'll see mine from January with Donald and Van Noy 1-2. Since then of course I've slotted Martin, Richburg, Robinson, Niklas, etc, etc in the second...but I am coming back around to my original thought with KVN. I even stumped for him on here at one point (and I don't post all that much). Talk about two never-quit players that can add some youth and energy to our D.

After the second, I continue to like it a lot. I will be shocked if JR doesn't pick a WR in the first 3 rounds, so even though I don't think its our highest need, Adams in the 3rd would be great. Like Clarke a lot -- not too many 4-3 DEs to choose from, and I actually think he is the best value given where they are all projected to go. McKinnon is just an athlete and worth a pick in the 5th if he's there for sure. Grimble may be the best value TE given where he is projected right now (though not sure he'll last as long as you have him lasting). To be honest, don't know about much Ikard. There are only so many hours in the day and I've read about the centers in the draft but it's tough for me to sit down long enough with tape so that I can distinguish between them. We need a C though, and if you think he can do it, I'm all for using a 6th on him.

Really like the changes you made to the mock. Donald and Van Noy would be the last two pieces to solidify our defense. It would be tough to not draft a WR/TE/OL in the first 2 rounds but the potential for the defense with those two picks would be off the charts.

Getting a playmaker like Adams in round 3 would solidify this draft. I'd probably rather see an OL in round 4 but realistically I don't think a 4th round OL would have more impact than Will Clarke so I do like your pick. Maybe a TE in round 4 if one were to drop.

Great job.

Love the first two picks, I think Van Noy is special with his size and athleticism to rush and play standup LB. Always all over the field making plays. However, If it came down between Jordan Matthews still there and Van Noy, for me i might have to go with Matthews as we have needs at WR, more so than at Weakside LB which i believe Van Noy will play. But Van Noy is very talented.