+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cornerback Thread

Veteran

Re: Cornerback Thread

[quote user="ShockeyShow"][quote user="elitime"]Taking another CB two years in a row? Thomas must be signed, but there are a bunch a free agent CB and S out there after the seaon. I know the Giants don;t really make huge waves in the free agent market but I think to pick another CB and groom them to be a starter its hit and miss, Flowers and Carr from KC were looking like 2 of the best but this season not so much. Those kind of postion players are hard to have an everyday count on him player.Webster,Thomas Prince, Rolle,KP, when all are heathly could be top DB field in NFL. O-line a must and Linebackers are a huge need. Remember Taylor, Pepper, Banks, Reasons? Wish we could have backers like that again. Imagine the way our front 4 are then 1 or 2 linebackers that can play up to the front 4 level. Wow! Maybe a pipe dream but it's a dream.[/quote]

I couldnt agree more. We have much more pressing needs at MLB and OLine. We should wait a ccouple years to draft a sure-thing at db like Tyrann Mathieu from LSU and spend our picks on some big time LBs like Upashaw, Hightower or Burfict[/quote]

Mathieu will never get drafted by the giants. He's a midget at 5'9 probably more like 5'8 and he got abused in the national championship game because of his size.

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="ShockeyShow"][quote user="elitime"]Taking another CB two years in a row? Thomas must be signed, but there are a bunch a free agent CB and S out there after the seaon. I know the Giants don;t really make huge waves in the free agent market but I think to pick another CB and groom them to be a starter its hit and miss, Flowers and Carr from KC were looking like 2 of the best but this season not so much. Those kind of postion players are hard to have an everyday count on him player.Webster,Thomas Prince, Rolle,KP, when all are heathly could be top DB field in NFL. O-line a must and Linebackers are a huge need. Remember Taylor, Pepper, Banks, Reasons? Wish we could have backers like that again. Imagine the way our front 4 are then 1 or 2 linebackers that can play up to the front 4 level. Wow! Maybe a pipe dream but it's a dream.[/quote]

I couldnt agree more. We have much more pressing needs at MLB and OLine. We should wait a ccouple years to draft a sure-thing at db like Tyrann Mathieu from LSU and spend our picks on some big time LBs like Upashaw, Hightower or Burfict[/quote]

Mathieu will never get drafted by the giants. He's a midget at 5'9 probably more like 5'8 and he got abused in the national championship game because of his size.[/quote]

Get outta here. He's got coverage abilities that come along only so often (Revis, Woodson), and is gonna stack on another 15/20 pounds prepping for the NFL. The only reason Claiborne had as good a season as he did, was because HoneyComb was on the other side.

As for the abuse....that was the entire team. Bama is an NFL team

Hes right, as good as Mathieu's ball skills are, he will never be drafted by the giants.

Giants draft prototype defensive players, especially DBs. They just steer clear of DBs under 5'11.

Perhaps under 5'11 if a guy had exceptionally long arms they would take a look, but I dont think Mathieu is a freak like that.

I've always liked Kirkpatrick because of his size and physicality but he's going waayy before the Giants pick.

Right now I'm on the Chase Minnifield bandwagon. I've been watching a lot of tape on him and he'd be great addition to the secondary. He's a play maker and plays zone very well as well as man. I'd love if the Giants went CB in the 1st again and they should be in prime position for him in the late 20's....Just depends on what players fall and who's the BPA in that spot.

All-Pro

If he isnt 6'. Chances are we arent drafting him early

Ive always loved Cliff Harris. Even if he is an idiot.

But if he actually does measure in at 5'11, I could certainly see him being a target mid rounds. Best off man coverage CB in the draft, IMO.

His return skills would be a huge added bonus.

[quote user="lawl"]

If he isnt 6'. Chances are we arent drafting him early

[/quote]

Chase is exactly 6'0...He's the same size as Prince.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Ive always loved Cliff Harris. Even if he is an idiot.

But if he actually does measure in at 5'11, I could certainly see him being a target mid rounds. Best off man coverage CB in the draft, IMO.

His return skills would be a huge added bonus.[/quote]

I definitely wouldn't mind Harris. I don't think he's 1st round material even though people were projecting him there before the season started.

I'm curious to find out what slot he does land in. One things for sure is the Giants need another corner especially with guys coming back off injuries FA and such.

[quote user="titwio"]I definitely wouldn't mind Harris. I don't think he's 1st round material even though people were projecting him there before the season started. [/quote]

Definitely not. Certainly cant show up to the combine at 165 pounds either.

Will be interesting, love him mid-late rounds.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="titwio"]I definitely wouldn't mind Harris. I don't think he's 1st round material even though people were projecting him there before the season started. [/quote]

Definitely not. Certainly cant show up to the combine at 165 pounds either.

Will be interesting, love him mid-late rounds.[/quote]

Yeah I'd love him there too. Last year all kinds of draft heads were projecting Harris to be a top 20 pick...maybe even top 15 in 2012.

Here's one of the articles on him....
    http://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/index....erback_cl.html

+ Reply to Thread