+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bucs Fewell HC

Bucs Fewell HC

[link]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/01/are-the-bucs-waiting-to-re-fewell[/link]

Re: Bucs Fewell HC

This may play out interesting. Spags is still unemployed, right? I wonder if they (Giants) asked him to wait before making a decision on where to go for as long as he could.

This is interesting, no matter what happens in the playoffs, I am excited for off-season as well. It's going to be pretty cool

Veteran

Sounds like a Rooney rule situation to me imo. While they may have a legitimate interest in Fewell, it sounded like they wanted to go with a more experienced head coach.

[quote user="NY_Eli"]Sounds like a Rooney rule situation to me imo. While they may have a legitimate interest in Fewell, it sounded like they wanted to go with a more experienced head coach.[/quote]Experience = money

Glazers = broke.

A few good games does not a Head Coach make.

Veteran

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="NY_Eli"]Sounds like a Rooney rule situation to me imo. While they may have a legitimate interest in Fewell, it sounded like they wanted to go with a more experienced head coach.[/quote]Experience = money

Glazers = broke.[/quote]

Coaching in the nfl is the highest honor a coach can achieve, and there's only 32 possible positions. If they want an experienced coach, they'll be able to find one.

I don't think guys like Mike Sherman would turn down the chance to coach again because of a money issue.

[quote user="NY_Eli"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="NY_Eli"]Sounds like a Rooney rule situation to me imo. While they may have a legitimate interest in Fewell, it sounded like they wanted to go with a more experienced head coach.[/quote]Experience = money

Glazers = broke.[/quote]

Coaching in the nfl is the highest honor a coach can achieve, and there's only 32 possible positions. If they want an experienced coach, they'll be able to find one.

I don't think guys like Mike Sherman would turn down the chance to coach again because of a money issue.[/quote]

Maybe money wouldn't be as big of an issue if the situation is ideal. Not sure how ideal the Bucs are when last year Morris was their pride and joy coach and after suffering a setback one year (which isn't an unheard of occurrence in the NFL) he's promptly fired....I wouldn't want to waste my time if the money isn't right.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][link]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/01/are-the-bucs-waiting-to-re-fewell[/link][/quote]I'f Spags is still jobless when the season is over I'd be all for Perry being the Bucs new HC. if not then HELL NO!!!

If I were Fewell I wouldn't touch that job with Brees, Newton and Ryan(yeah we crushed the Falcons but they're still a good team) in that division. The Bucs are about to become the Cleveland Browns of the NFC South.