+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

WHO IS THE BEST NYG OFFENSIVE PLAYER YOU'VE PERSONALLY WATCHED

I made this thread because there was a Tiki thread a few days ago where I stated he was "The best offensive weapon to wear a Giants uniform". A couple of guys countered and said Mqark bavaro and Frank Gifford were better offensive weapons than Tiki.

I promptly posted stats to prove otherwise and guys did not back up their opinions with facts. Guys instead chose to talk about what a leader Gifford was, yada yada yada.... So I download 2 Giants championships from the 60's and I was not very impressed when comparing to the football that I grew up watching.

So let me start this debate up once again and hopefully people use logic and not emotion as people seem to be very sore over Tiki retiring. So since guys ran from the facts last time, allow me to start up the debate again.

Tiki leads Bavaro and Gifford in every stat that matters to an offensive player. TD's, Rec's and Yards From Scrimmage.

Now please tell me who have you seen in a Giants uniform better than Tiki.

BEAT THE EAGLES PERRY!

ELI-MINATED

for me... Tiki Barber

Vi..
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post

Oh, and he's not even the best RB we've ever had...

And that's just from the 80s onward...

(PS I would post a pic of Eli but I feel like that would just bring all the Eli haters out and invalidate the rest of my argument...)

Quote Originally Posted by Geebanga718 View Post
    Mark Bavaro 39 TD 351 REC 4733 YFS (yards from scrim)

Frank Gifford 34 TD 367 REC 9043 YFS

Tiki 55 TD 586 REC 15632 YFS

Yet guys say that these other guys were better weapons. Otis Anderson did not do all his damage in a NYG uni, so that can go either way, because I was not watching him on the cards.

So who else...Phil Sims? Lets not compare apples to oranges. Phil was a good QB, but he got hurt and we won with Jeff Hos...Never even skipped a beat. If Tiki had gone down, what would we be doing with Ron Dayne?

And for the record...numbers don't lie...Eli is a greater offensive weapon than Sims

If Tiki isn't the best, prove it

BEAT THE EAGLES PERRY!

ELI-MINATED

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Vi..
    You're a new fan...if you started watching after Tiki left, realistically, Eli, Bradshaw or Nicks would be the best you've seen

BEAT THE EAGLES PERRY!

ELI-MINATED

You're a new fan...if you started watching after Tiki left, realistically, Eli, Bradshaw or Nicks would be the best you've seen
    Idk who is the best offensive player but Bradshaw was my fav
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

If Tiki isn't the best, prove it
    Was someone really trying to say Joe Morris was better than Tiki??

I've been watching closely since 1984, so I can't say Tiki is the best ever, but since I've been watching he is by far the best offensive weapon we've had. Bavaro was an outstanding TE but Tiki was just so much more involved in the offense from snap to snap than Bavaro was. It's hard to make the argument for #89.

Trying to compare apples and oranges. Different era different rules and fewer games,The era that the likes of Gifford had to take a lot harder hits then the more recent Tiki. The equipment was a lot less protective and you had players like Bednarick trying to take your head off and almost did. I think Tiki was a great player but that was a different game and stats realy doesn't matter

Watching Eli with all those forth quarter comebacks was unreal to watch week after week. We may never see anything like that again. Argue for tiki all you want.

Frank
    Tiki
    Simms Eli YA