+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Hampton was a real joy to watch. Great blend of power and finesse. One of our very best RB ever imo
    He didn't have a supporting cast so teams just zeroed in on him to shutdown the offense, Dave Brown was hot garbage. I can't believe I rooted for Kent Graham and Danny Kanell, that is how horrible Dave Brown was.

Wow it's nice to see my favorite player when I was growing up, Joe Morrison, get some well deserved recognition.

That said, the word best is what causes all these questions. Most versatile? Morrison. Most productive? Barber. Most explosive? Jacobs. Most reliable? Bavaro. Most clutch? Manning. Most focused? Simms. Most dangerous? Meggett. Most courageous? Hilliard. Toughest? Snee, Suebert. Most annoying? Shockey and Burress.
    Burn the boats?

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell777 View Post
    Wow it's nice to see my favorite player when I was growing up, Joe Morrison, get some well deserved recognition.

That said, the word best is what causes all these questions. Most versatile? Morrison. Most productive? Barber. Most explosive? Jacobs. Most reliable? Bavaro. Most clutch? Manning. Most focused? Simms. Most dangerous? Meggett. Most courageous? Hilliard. Toughest? Snee, Suebert. Most annoying? Shockey and Burress.
    Well, that sums it up Ros !!!! +1
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

That's one helluva list Roswell............

I'd also add "Most Fierce" (early in his career) to Jacobs.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Y.A. Tittle! We lost 3 Championships with Tittle. Two to the best football team to ever play the game, the 60's Packers. One two Chicago that I thought we would win, but Y.A. got hurt in the first Quarter and the game was lost! Statistics mean nothing! 16 game season and playoff games to boot!
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    That's one helluva list Roswell............

I'd also add "Most Fierce" (early in his career) to Jacobs.
    I agree Jomo. He was the fiercest. One of my favorite all time Giants. Kinda reminded me of Mr. T in Rocky III lol. I swear, that first handoff in the Green Bay Championship Game, he was looking to run someone over more than he was looking to break one. Set the whole tone for the game.
    Burn the boats?

I agree Jomo. He was the fiercest. One of my favorite all time Giants. Kinda reminded me of Mr. T in Rocky III lol. I swear, that first handoff in the Green Bay Championship Game, he was looking to run someone over more than he was looking to break one. Set the whole tone for the game.
    Very true !!!! One of my most favorites as well.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

That's Easy -E

Elisha Manning

Jared Lorenzen

First Giants player I ever really liked was Rob carpenter...Him and John Riggins were fun to watch