+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    In 1999, he was ranked number 57 on The Sporting News' list of the 100 Greatest Football Players ever.

An offensive lineman ranked that high from a bye gone era should convey to the less seasoned crowd here, how dominant and ahead of his time RB actually was.

I wish I saw him in person.
    he had the size and speed odd ratio like Lawrence Taylor.... just on the O line

he was a freak .... and rugged as hell

Tiki Barber was the best I personally watched without a doubt. His 3 year run from 04-06 was also one of the best 3 year runs for any RB ever.

Plaxico, 07 season and playoff run

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    he had the size and speed odd ratio like Lawrence Taylor.... just on the O line

he was a freak .... and rugged as hell
    Is that you dad?
    I miss him telling me about RB.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    The title of this thread (which you started by the way) says "best offensive player" not "best offensive weapon"
    My statement had nothing to do with the thread title. It comes from the statement that sparked the idea for this thread, in a Tiki thread from last week.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Geebanga718; 05-01-2014 at 09:30 PM.

98 - 88 = Eli

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Is that you dad?
    I miss him telling me about RB.
    hahaha

my old man was the same way

I can hear him now with his gravely voice from smoking 3 packs of Luckys a day saying.... hey kid.... he always called me kid..... hey kid keep your eyes on #79, thats what a football player looks like

hahaha

I can hear him now with his gravely voice from smoking 3 packs of Luckys a day saying.... hey kid.... he always called me kid..... hey kid keep your eyes on #79, thats what a football player looks like
    Yes it was...........
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    The title asks who is the best NYG offensive player that you have personally watched?? You said yourself he was before your time. People are answering Tiki because they have personally watched him play.

If you were around to see Rosey play, then great, but that's why nobody is saying him.

Seriously? I have watched a lot of players who played before my day. They have this newfangled invention called recording device that allow you to see watch players from a long time ago. You should check it out.

I never saw anyone complain when Gifford was brought up, he played at the same time as Rosey.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 05-01-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Anyone post 1986 fan has to say Tiki Barber.Tiki Barber should be in the Hall of Fame

hahaha

Your and Jomo's family memories have been enlightening. Thanks for sharing. +1
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!