+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 161 to 168 of 168
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Is that you dad?
    I miss him telling me about RB.
    Are we related?


    Keep in mind my father was actually friends with Frank Gifford. Still the way my Dad spoke of Rosey, you would hardly know Frank even played football on the same team.

    He Spoke of Rosey the same way he did of Unitas and Jim Brown. Guys who were the best ever at their position, at least at that point in time.

  2. #162
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,678
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Are we related?


    Keep in mind my father was actually friends with Frank Gifford. Still the way my Dad spoke of Rosey, you would hardly know Frank even played football on the same team.

    He Spoke of Rosey the same way he did of Unitas and Jim Brown. Guys who were the best ever at their position, at least at that point in time.
    Lol, you and YA had personal connections to the team and its players I couldn't even dream of back then. It is cool how we are all connected through our fathers to the team we love. Go Blue!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

  3. #163
    Moderator YATittle1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uncle YA
    Posts
    20,264
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Lol, you and YA had personal connections to the team and its players I couldn't even dream of back then. It is cool how we are all connected through our fathers to the team we love. Go Blue!!
    very special indeed

    and admittedly it is one of the things that keeps me coming back here .... the connection with guys like you

  4. #164
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    27,195
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Lol, you and YA had personal connections to the team and its players I couldn't even dream of back then. It is cool how we are all connected through our fathers to the team we love. Go Blue!!
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    very special indeed

    and admittedly it is one of the things that keeps me coming back here .... the connection with guys like you
    my Dad was a football and a Giants fan but nowhere near as passionate as I am. I was actually a Vikes fan till the age of about 8 or 9. Then I met a Giants LB named Pat Hughes at a "father and son breakfast" and I became a Giants fan after that.
    I think actually as I got older an more and more nuts for the Gmen I actually got my Dad more into it!!
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Plaxico, 07 season and playoff run
    So we're still overrating Plax around here huh? His 1,025 yds sure were dominant in 07. So were his 221 yds and 1 td (a big one though) in 4 playoff games in 07.

    Outside of undressing Al Harris in the NFC championship, what about that season could warrant him for best offensive player you've ever seen?

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    very special indeed

    and admittedly it is one of the things that keeps me coming back here .... the connection with guys like you
    I may have disagreed with you in this thread about the evolution/changes in the game, but I would like to say that I do actually really enjoy your posts. I especially enjoy many of your posts because you have a connection with the team and have seen many of the coming and goings with the Giants org - that's some really cool insight.

    Been a Giants fan since young, but I don't live in the US. I did finally make it down to Giants stadium a few years ago in 2008. I took my dad, it was both our first time at an NFL game. We probably won't get to see another one together (too far, too expensive), but it was awesome to see it, and to be there for a home game after the championship year.

  7. #167
    Moderator YATittle1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uncle YA
    Posts
    20,264
    Quote Originally Posted by TooEasy2 View Post
    I may have disagreed with you in this thread about the evolution/changes in the game, but I would like to say that I do actually really enjoy your posts. I especially enjoy many of your posts because you have a connection with the team and have seen many of the coming and goings with the Giants org - that's some really cool insight.

    Been a Giants fan since young, but I don't live in the US. I did finally make it down to Giants stadium a few years ago in 2008. I took my dad, it was both our first time at an NFL game. We probably won't get to see another one together (too far, too expensive), but it was awesome to see it, and to be there for a home game after the championship year.
    I enjoy your posts as well

    and disagreeing is what this place is all about

    sharing a football game with your father is one of the special things in life that is unexplainable until you do it

    my father took me to my first game in 1962 and attended almost every game with me until his passing in 1996 ..... he worked for Wellington Mara from the late 1950s until his retirement in the late 1980s ... his life was his family and the NY Giants.

    he raised us in the Bronx just blocks from Yankee Stadium and we grew up around the organization and would often walk over to the Concourse Plaza Hotel on a sunday morning and walk to the game with some of the players..... it was a glorious time before swarming media and huge money contracts

    we would even storm the field.... I have a picture were I am on Andy Robustellis' shoulder after a game wearing his helmet that has mud and grass stuck in the facemask..... I dont remember it being taken but I treasure it

    it was a different time

    I took both of my sons to almost every game since 1979 when they were old enough to make it through 4 quarters

    football to me is a family tradition

    ramble over
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 05-02-2014 at 03:37 PM.

  8. #168
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Geebanga718 View Post
    Now please tell me who have you seen in a Giants uniform better than Tiki.
    Can't imagine some of the older players were more offensive than Tiki. He's not my favourite Giants player but truly a skilled weapon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts