Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    New York Giants franchise records

Currently held by tiki

Longest Touchdown Run: 95 yards, December 31, 2005 vs. the Oakland Raiders
    Most Rushing Attempts, Season: 357, 2005 season
    Most Rushing Attempts, Career: 2,217
    Most 100 Yard Games, Season: 9, 2004 season
    Most 200 Yard Games, Season: 3, 2005 season
    Most Rushing Yards, Single Game: 234 yards, December 30, 2006 vs. the Washington Redskins
    Most Rushing Yards, Season: 1,860 yards, 2005 season
    Most Rushing Yards, Career: 10,449 yards
    Most Total Yards, Season: 2,390 yards, 2005 season
    Most 1,000 Yard Seasons: 6
    Yards Per Carry, Career: 4.7
    Most Total Yards, Game: 276 (203 rushing yards, 73 receiving yards), December 28, 2002 vs. the Philadelphia Eagles
    Most Total Yards (Rushing, Receiving, Returns and Fumble Yardage), Career: 17,359
    Most Yards From Scrimmage (Rushing and Receiving), Career: 15,632
    Highest Average 100+ yards from scrimmage per game, Career (min: 150 games): 101.5
    Most Fumble Recoveries, Game: 3, October 29, 2000 vs. the Philadelphia Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Joe had one play the backside pitch or handoff.........Tiki could beat you in so many ways.......It was not Tiki's job to carry 53 guys to the Lombardi every year
    He is but one man

Tiki had 10000 yds to Morris 5000 and Tiki Avg almost a yd more per carry both played 8-10 seasons
    Evidently Tiki had no ways to beat you in the playoffs because he never won a playoff game. The first season he was gone we went on to win the Super Bowl against arguably the best team in NFL history. Joe Morris was a beast. Tiki just compiled stats while he was worrying about his career after football and cheating on his wife with his baby sitter.

Quote Originally Posted by GmanSenior View Post
    Evidently Tiki had no ways to beat you in the playoffs because he never won a playoff game. The first season he was gone we went on to win the Super Bowl against arguably the best team in NFL history. Joe Morris was a beast. Tiki just compiled stats while he was worrying about his career after football and cheating on his wife with his baby sitter.
    I agree wife cheating should be a new NFL stat..........again Tiki could not alone win a playoff game......this is a team game
    the question was who was the best NYG Offensive player..........Little Joe wasn't in the same room with Tiki

Tiki

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Geebanga718 View Post

Currently held by tiki

Most Rushing Yards, Single Game: 234 yards, December 30, 2006 vs. the Washington Redskins
    Most Total Yards, Game: 276 (203 rushing yards, 73 receiving yards), December 28, 2002 vs. the Philadelphia Eagles
    Most Total Yards (Rushing, Receiving, Returns and Fumble Yardage), Career: 17,359
    Highest Average 100+ yards from scrimmage per game, Career (min: 150 games): 101.5
    Impressive resume. I would have to say Tiki also.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I agree wife cheating should be a new NFL stat..........again Tiki could not alone win a playoff game......this is a team game
    the question was who was the best NYG Offensive player..........Little Joe wasn't in the same room with Tiki
    Well Little Joe's room will have a Lombardi Trophy in it. Tiki's has a bunch of cancelled alimony and child support checks. In all seriousness though, I'm old enough to have watched them both and I can't put Tiki on the same level as players who won championships. It's not as though Tiki was playing on the horrendous Giant teams of the 70's. He was on some very good teams and still would get totally shut down in the playoffs when it mattered most. Give me Joe Morris, Otis Anderson, Mark Bavaro or Phil Simms over Tiki any day. It really was no coincidence that once we were rid of Tiki and big mouth Shockey (on IR for Super Bowl) we won a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by GmanSenior View Post
    What was tiki supposed to be doing besides compiling stats. So u sound like you expected Tiki to single handedly win it all.

Tiki is not the only person to leave the team before 2007 season. Maybe Levar Arrington was the issue.
    Last edited by Geebanga718; 04-26-2014 at 07:05 PM.

[QUOTE=BParcells777;1144318]you never saw Tarkenton play obviously........

If you thought our offensive line was bad last year just ask Fran why he had to scramble so much

Bench Player
    I was thinking that to really compare them, you really need to look at them when they were in comparable roles. The years they spent as starters

Tiki was really a "starter" for 7 years.

Joe was really only a starter for 4. 3 if you don't include the strike year of 87

Taking a look at those seasons,

and my numbers may be a bit off but i got them from NFL.com. but i had to dig a bit for Joe's fumble records..

Tiki averaged 281 carries for 1359 yards, 7.4 TD 4.8 ypc and averaged a fumble every 70 carries.

Joe's 3 non strike starting seasons he averaged 314 carries 1311, 13.3 TD, 4.2 ypc and averaged a fumble every 49.5 carries

I was kind of surprised to see joe had a higher fumble rate than tiki...

Comparing them as starters, they put up comparable numbers. Joe with more TD and carries. Tiki averaging more YPC and fumbling less.

Edge to tiki for the longevity I would say.

As a random side note, for all Tiki's great stats, it can be argued Tom Coughlin really made Tiki Barber.

the last 3 years of Tiki's career were his best. In that 3 year span, he accounted for 48% of his career rushing yards, 49% of his career touchdowns, 50.6% of his career runs longer than 20 yards, and averaged a fumble only once every 111 carries. up to that point he had been averaging a fumble every 52 carries. Tom Coughlin coming in as head coach did wonders for Tiki's career.

Personally, I think the Best Giant offensive weapons

Tarkenton
    Tiki
    Eli
    Bavaro
    Simms

Quote Originally Posted by Geebanga718 View Post

Currently held by tiki

This post should end the discussion...