+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NFL Sunday Ticket

I am a GIANT fan that lives outside NY. Any Ideas on how fans can let the NFL know that perpetuating the exclusive deal with Direct TV is bad for business? Seems to me they could make more money allowing many outlets access and they would make the fans happier as well.

I think it will come eventually....it has to. One would think DirectTV is really lining their pockets to keep them from offering it through other providers.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but because it is an exclusive deal, there are a couple of things DTV had to agree to.

1) You can get The Sunday Ticket without getting their standard subscription. In other words you can have your Cable for your TV and have DTV JUST for Sunday ticket.
    2) You can buy games a la carte.

Of course, I'm pretty sure that the cost model for either one of these options is not great, leading you to say to yourself, "I should just get DTV".
    Last edited by ebick; 04-13-2014 at 11:21 AM.

I don't mind the nfl ticket. I can understand why people would be upset about it considering that they may live in a place that isn't satellite compatible. I guess I am lucky to live in southern California with great weather and patio tailgate potential every weekend.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by henryberry View Post
    I am a GIANT fan that lives outside NY. Any Ideas on how fans can let the NFL know that perpetuating the exclusive deal with Direct TV is bad for business? Seems to me they could make more money allowing many outlets access and they would make the fans happier as well.
    It's actually great for business. The only thing that maintains the value is that IT IS exclusive. DTV pays a fortune for it because many cable subscribers (like me) switch to DTV just to get Sunday ticket. So they pay far more to the NFL than its worth by itself for that reason.

The bottom line is that it MUST be exclusive for there to be value to DTV and by extension, the NFL.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

The exclusive deal with DTV ends after this coming season and, so far, the NFL & DTV haven't agreed on a new deal. There were "negotiations" back in December, but still no deal. It is wholly possible that DTV will no longer even have the Sunday Ticket come 2015.

"WE STOMPED YOU OUT" - 92, Hall of Fame Class of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ixiion View Post
    The exclusive deal with DTV ends after this coming season and, so far, the NFL & DTV haven't agreed on a new deal. There were "negotiations" back in December, but still no deal. It is wholly possible that DTV will no longer even have the Sunday Ticket come 2015.
    Wanna bet?
    DTV needs Sunday ticket to survive and the NFL needs DTV to maximize revenues.
    o other network or broadcast entity can offer the NFL that much money.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

The local sports bar, even Applebee's....

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Wanna bet?
    It could be the NFL knows this and they're trying to squeeze directv for all the money they can because of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Wanna bet?
    No, I don't, lol. I wasn't giving my opinion on whether or not it'll continue, just what's happening right now.

"WE STOMPED YOU OUT" - 92, Hall of Fame Class of 2014

Sunday ticket was made available to the PS3 last year - not sure if that's still an option but seemed good if you didn't want to switch to satellite.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant