+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is there no confidence in Rueben Randle?

Bench Player

Why is there no confidence in Rueben Randle?

He's done some good things for us as a WR.

as a #2 WR, i have a decent amount of confidence in him. as a #1? i just don't

it's not that he isn't good or doesn't have the skillset, but he hasn't done enough to the point where it's safe to put all our chips in on him replacing nicks.

We really need to wait to see what McAdoo's offense requires of the wide receiver corps. It's an exciting time after such a horrible season. We have a lot to look forward to. Can they turn it around in one offseason? We will know soon enough.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

There is no confidence because we are trying to project him as a #1 WR. He has not shown that he is that guy. Whether he can become that guy is debatable.

He has improved each year with the team so that is encouraging. He has also made many mental errors on his routes so that is a concern. Perhaps the new offense will suit him better but I am uncomfortable leaving the #! wideout job in his hands going into the season. Call me nervous but I think we need better..........so does Cruz btw.
    No one remembers who came in second.

At least any comparison between Manningham and his successor Randle can be finally be put to rest as both players are on the team now.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    There is no confidence because we are trying to project him as a #1 WR. He has not shown that he is that guy. Whether he can become that guy is debatable.

He has improved each year with the team so that is encouraging. He has also made many mental errors on his routes so that is a concern. Perhaps the new offense will suit him better but I am uncomfortable leaving the #! wideout job in his hands going into the season. Call me nervous but I think we need better..........so does Cruz btw.
    That is my thought as well. The mental mistakes have shaken my confidence in him as a #1. He has improved, but he has not yet proven that he can shoulder more of the responsibility that being a #1 would require

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    That is my thought as well. The mental mistakes have shaken my confidence in him as a #1. He has improved, but he has not yet proven that he can shoulder more of the responsibility that being a #1 would require
    Like all the other personnel discussions here, nothing would be better for us than RR taking the final step to being a stud WR. I just haven't seen enough from him to count on that.
    No one remembers who came in second.

2014 season is really going to tell what we have in Rueben Randle.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

I'm not as concerned with the mental errors as I am with his lack of production in the latter half of the season. I expected his production to increase as the season progressed and he continued the learning process.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

I'm hoping McAdoo's system is easier for Randle to learn and operate in..... It seems like many of his mistakes last year were due to the complexity of Gilbride's scheme and his inability to comprehend it

+ Reply to Thread