+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 138
  1. #101
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    7,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    Uhh dude I realize the oline was terrible but collectively as a group the receiving core last year played the worst I've seen (on any team) in years, they made no big plays and constantly dropped the ball, and tell me besides a C which obv were not getting in round 1 who are we replacing? Cause beatty, schwartz, snee, and pugh are all pretty locked in
    As your argument progressed, I found myself starting to agree with you. However, I still believe, or may it's just hope, that RRs difficulties were compounded by the O-line and difficulty adjusting to the multiple levels of sight adjustments required in the streak and read system. I say this because not all of those INTs were on him, in a few cases it appeared that he made the right read and Eli did not, most likely due to the amount of pressure he was facing. Hopefully in a system with less moving parts after the snap, we will see his ability to make plays more and his lack of ability to read coverages less.

    All that being said, there is obvious questions about his dedication to learning the system. Taking a top-notch receiver in the first is not far fetched, especially if they can get Evans. This is a deep draft for O-line, so getting a versatile OT in the second or third for depth/development might be a good way to go. I say OT because they can generally be moved to G if needed and Snee is a question mark, as is Beatty.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,146
    The biggest ?? On our oline that I personally leave in my retarted mock is snee and Beatty well..

    Were stuck with Beatty no matter what everyone needs to get over that

    And I'm still confident in snee and if he gets hurt I like our depth, and I wpuldnt be opposed to adding more depth later in the draft.. clearly

  3. #103
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    The biggest ?? On our oline that I personally leave in my retarted mock is snee and Beatty well..

    Were stuck with Beatty no matter what everyone needs to get over that

    And I'm still confident in snee and if he gets hurt I like our depth, and I wpuldnt be opposed to adding more depth later in the depth.. clearly
    we are stuck with Beatty but what if he is not physically able to play?? they Need better depth at the tackle spots.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  4. #104
    I think the question could come down to, what if Beatty is not the best LT on the team does he still get to start because of his contract or will we give the job to the best LT...

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    As your argument progressed, I found myself starting to agree with you. However, I still believe, or may it's just hope, that RRs difficulties were compounded by the O-line and difficulty adjusting to the multiple levels of sight adjustments required in the streak and read system. I say this because not all of those INTs were on him, in a few cases it appeared that he made the right read and Eli did not, most likely due to the amount of pressure he was facing. Hopefully in a system with less moving parts after the snap, we will see his ability to make plays more and his lack of ability to read coverages less.

    All that being said, there is obvious questions about his dedication to learning the system. Taking a top-notch receiver in the first is not far fetched, especially if they can get Evans. This is a deep draft for O-line, so getting a versatile OT in the second or third for depth/development might be a good way to go. I say OT because they can generally be moved to G if needed and Snee is a question mark, as is Beatty.
    Now that's a better argument, to say the oline COMPOUNDED randles issues is much more plausable, and I have no doubt a simplified system will help him improve as it plays more to his capabilities however he's shown nothing to suggest he can be a #1, but I really like him as a 3 going forward and I don't see a problem having 3 beast receivers, seems like a lot of people forget thats the formula that won us our most recent super bowl, and honestly the oline that year was far from good, not saying thats a reason to ignore it but if we add a C in that cam compete to start and maybe get some more depth elsewhere, I'm satisfied with the changes to the oline

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    we are stuck with Beatty but what if he is not physically able to play?? they Need better depth at the tackle spots.
    Charles Brown and a late round pick (max schofeild hopefully) will be fine backups, I'm not spending a first round pick on a position cause I think the starter I already have there might miss a few games, no and LT is going to get our offense back to where it was, not when we don't have the receiving core to support what we try to do, and a good oline isn't gonna make bad receivers good, however if you guys wanna see outstanding game breaking receivers make up for a deficient oline.. watch the 2012 season

  7. #107
    Dunno what the issue really is in this thread, people are acting like RR didn't play well when he actually played pretty well last year.

    Consider that he was the third WR on the team, and at one point in the middle of the season was the ONLY WR to score a TD for us over a three or four week period, during which time he scored a TD like 3 weeks in a row, all with the rest of the offense pretty much crumbling. I say he did well in his second year.

    Remember, WRs' usually break out in their 3rd season. With this new opportunity I'm sure he'll do the same.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

  8. #108
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    Charles Brown and a late round pick (max schofeild hopefully) will be fine backups, I'm not spending a first round pick on a position cause I think the starter I already have there might miss a few games, no and LT is going to get our offense back to where it was, not when we don't have the receiving core to support what we try to do, and a good oline isn't gonna make bad receivers good, however if you guys wanna see outstanding game breaking receivers make up for a deficient oline.. watch the 2012 season
    how do you know....most Giants back ups have sucked....
    the game starts and ends in the trenches. they need help on the oline and at reciever. Oline comes first. Plain and simple
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    how do you know....most Giants back ups have sucked....
    the game starts and ends in the trenches. they need help on the oline and at reciever. Oline comes first. Plain and simple
    And they worked on oline in FA, now its time for a gamebreaking receiver and we know it which is why were supposedly trying to trade up for Evans and it only makes sense to get a TE that can help out our oline in the second

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    Dunno what the issue really is in this thread, people are acting like RR didn't play well when he actually played pretty well last year.

    Consider that he was the third WR on the team, and at one point in the middle of the season was the ONLY WR to score a TD for us over a three or four week period, during which time he scored a TD like 3 weeks in a row, all with the rest of the offense pretty much crumbling. I say he did well in his second year.

    Remember, WRs' usually break out in their 3rd season. With this new opportunity I'm sure he'll do the same.
    He made a few plays but overall did not play well since his mistakes far outweighed his production in terms of numbers AND impact, I'm confident in him to improve as a 3 but to rely on him as a 1 next year would be just plain stupid

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts